5

It's been exactly a week and 3 days since Jun has locked himself up in his room. And today's the day the knights finally decided to talk to him.

Soonyoung looked from Jisoo to Heechul, hesitation clearly written in his face.

"Go ahead Kwon...." Heechul said with a patient tone.

Soonyoung gulped, twisting the door open to reveal the prince laying down on his bed, his eyes staring up at the painted ceiling.

"Jun.....can we talk?" Soonyoung stepped in along with Chan, leaving the door a bit open for Jisoo and King Heechul to see.

Jun sighed, looking at his two roommates. "I'm not mad at you anymore if that's what you're thinking" He said, sitting up.

Chan perked his head up. "You're not?"

"You hid your real identities from me....and temporarily washed away my memories of you two....but you're still my friends"

"We're so sorry Jun" Soonyoung said as he and Chan sat on the edge of the bed. "We knew you would escape, that's why the group decided me and Chan would tag along with you, to keep you safe. But you ran away so unexpectedly, luckily Chan's a good tracker"

"It's nothing to be guilty of anymore guys" Jun flashed a warm smile, reaching out his arms.

The two knights accepted the invitation and hugged him.

Heechul pursed his lips at the sight, this not going unnoticed to Jisoo.

The young wizard looked at king with a soft, angelic smile. "You really missed him huh?"

"It's been years since I last saw him smile" Heechul admitted, backing up. "Did I really made him so stressed that he decided to leave?"

Jisoo noticed the sad eyes the king showed. "Y-You were kinda h-harsh with him before" He said honestly. "But we know you did what's best for him"

Heechul lips formed a tight smile. "Guess so" He said as he peeked in again.

"So.....are you willing to come back to the kingdom?" Chan asked.

Jun looked down as he fumbled with his bedsheet. "I don't know guys. It's been years"

"Everyone would be happy to see you though" Soonyoung said. "Imagine all our friends waiting"

"I don't know if I can face them again" Jun said, covering his face as he flopped down. "I left without any one of you knowing. I was such a selfish prince"

"That's not true hyung" Chan shook his head. "You're anything but selfish"

Jun sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Fine, I'm coming back" He said.

Soonyoung and Chan exchanged high fives secretly.

"Oh, and don't need to hide Heechul hyung, you too Shua hyung" Jun sat up, looking at door.

The two froze.

"Ahah......."

☁️

"You're not joking" Leeteuk stared at the large bubble with Heechul's face seen in it.

"Am I?"

Donghae and Eunhyuk rubbed their eyes in disbelief. "Hyung, no freaking way"

"I'm not kidding" Heechul shook his head. "We'll be arriving tomorrow at lunch"

"Should I tell the whole kingdom then hyung?" Jay asked, slapping Heeseung's hand away that kept fixing his crown.

"No no, don't tell the people just yet" Heechul said. "Although there are a few someones you need to tell the news to"