Discover this great Castle : Château de Septème in France

The castle was originally a fortress from the twelfth century in the heart of the village, which is enhanced by later to become the current dungeon. In the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries other buildings were built around a courtyard which becomes the main village square. There are still today the prison and an old deep well of 60 m for supplies water to the population in case of siege.

In the sixteenth century, under the influence of the Italian Renaissance, are built in a gallery porches and two-story loggias connecting the tower to the tower.

This castle and offers the contrast of an imposing defensive architecture and an interior courtyard with Renaissance galleries. Some illustrious visitors staying in the castle as Charles IX and his mother Catherine de Medici in July 1564.

It was at the end of the nineteenth century that the old houses of the village within the ramparts were destroyed and the castle was restored by the family of Albon. Today is accessed by one of the three gates of the rampart a French garden where thirty peacocks roam freely.

If you'd like more info make sure you have a look at the internet site by heading this awesome link - [http://www.citibreak.fr/sites/chateau-de-septeme/details/53bb1cc3e4b0850c477ad536/ Septeme Castle].

In search for events in Paris?

Paris continues to be home to some of the most stunning tourist attractions. If you're looking for more on visiting Paris, or anywhere else in France, visit Citibreak.fr.

Citibreak is one of the most comprehensive online guides for France. We offer you with information on the latest happenings, events, exciting places to visit, cultural events, art shows, and the best exhibitions in Paris!