Feelings(malex)

They hadn't reached the outer fence of Caulfield when the force of the explosion threw Michael, Alex, and Kyle across the yard. Their ears rang from the sound.

Michael slammed into a nearby military van, his breath knocked from him.

Kyle was thrown to the ground with Alex next to him, colliding with dirt and rocks.

Michael coughed as he tried to catch his breath. "You okay?" he gasped at the other two, forcing his feet towards where the pair where sprawled out. His focus more on Alex.

"Yeah," Kyle groaned, pushing himself off the ground. Blood trickled from his arm that had a small piece of glass sticking out of it. He plucked it and held his arm up with pressure to stop the bleeding.

"You're bleeding," Michael noted.

"Nothing serious, just a small cut." Kyle dismissed him, turning to where Alex rolled onto his back.

"What about you, Manes?" His face paled at the sight of a metal shard protruding from Alex's abdomen, blood gathering between his fingers as he clutched the wound.

"Alex?" Michael dropped to his knees next to where Alex's blood began to pool.

"How bad is it?" Kyle asked, reaching for Alex's shirt. He prayed it wasn't as bad as it looked.

"Michael," Alex whispered; his vision hazy as he tried to focus on him.

The intake of Kyle's breath as he lifted Alex's shirt caused panic to course through Michael.

"That's a lot of blood." Michael pointed out unhelpfully. His eyes were locked on the wound the blood seeped from.

"Too much blood." Kyle shook his head.

"We got to get this out." Michael reached for the shard but Kyle's hand shot out to catch his.

"No. With that amount of blood I think it got an artery. If you pull this out, he'll bleed out."

"So what do we do?" Michael's tone filled with panic.

Kyle looked around desperately for something that could help. But there was nothing but collapsing rubble and, desert.

"He needs surgery." Kyle shook his head, his hands now gathered on Alex's around the metal, trying to stop the bleeding.

Michael looked down at the blood soaked hands of Alex and Kyle. "So let's get him to a hospital." He was on his feet before Alex could stop him.

"Michael," Alex objected. He knew the look on Kyle's face. There was no saving him.

Kyle stood, grabbing Michael's arm to keep him from rushing to the truck. "Michael listen to me; we're at least twenty minutes from a hospital, maybe more. He has minutes. Do you hear me?"

Michael yanked away from Kyle's blood soaked hand. His eyes already brimming with tears. He heard what Kyle was trying to tell him. Say goodbye. But he couldn't. He'd just watched his mother die, he couldn't watch Alex die too.

"No, there's got to be something." Michael dropped back to his knees next to Alex.

Alex reached for Michael's hand, gripping it like a life line. "It's...okay," he rasped. His eyes heavy as he fought for consciousness.

"No. It's not. You can't die on me, Alex," Michael sobbed. Why did he have to have the useless power? Max got to heal the love of his life while he had to sit here and watch his die.

Images of Isobel shattering glass hit him. What if he could heal and just didn't know it?

He swiped at a falling tear before placing his free hand over Alex's wound.