7. Emperor's Palace

The sunset shone through the window on the Imperial Study, indicating that it was getting close to evening.

Felix stood next to the unconscious Pope, still shaken by the child's traumatic experience.

Meanwhile, Claude was conflicted about his decision four years ago. Would the child have grown up without abuse if I hadn't let go of that woman? He had been staring at the child in his lap for a long time, feeling guilty. No, he wouldn't have been born otherwise. After a while of reflecting, he found an answer. I will personally raise this child.

Following his conclusion, he noticed the child showing signs of awakening. His thick eyelashes fluttered like butterflies, then revealed jeweled blue eyes that expressed confusion, surprise, and happiness. Unknowingly, Claude's eyes softened as he saw this sight.

Han awoke feeling sluggish and wanting to sleep more until he noticed Claude staring at him from a short distance, which caused him to open his eyes and naturally stare back in awe.

In this manner, two people, one large and one small, with similar blue jeweled eyes, stared intently at each other.

It gave the impression that they were in their own world and should not be disturbed.

Han: "D-"

Before he could call, he was cut off by someone coughing, breaking the two-person world.

Hearing the sound, Claude and Han both turned to look at the source.

Seeing the father and son, Felix wondered if he had done something wrong because one was frowning while the other was pouting.

Felix smiled awkwardly: "I apologize for interrupting Your Highness and Majesty, but the pope is about to wake up."

Understanding the situation, Han suppressed his loss and drew Claude's attention instead.

"What's the matter?"

"Grandpa." Han pointed to the Pope, who was lying on the sofa.

"Oh." Claude paused before adding, "He was tired, so he took a rest."

Felix twitched the corner of his mouth.

Han: "......" More like fainting from emotional abuse.

Noticing his slight frown, Claude asked, "Worried?"

Han nodded softly with expectant eyes and thought about what to say when he was shifted to another position, with his body on the other's torso and his head on the other's shoulder.

Claude was carrying him.

There was only a millimeter between them, and a slight movement would result in skin contact.

Han acted bravely, wrapping his arms around the other's neck and burying his face in it, feeling the golden hair ruffle his face while rubbing against the other's skin.

While he was doing this, Han felt Claude patting his head.

Thinking he was getting a head rub, he moved closer to the palm and began rubbing his head onto it.

Chuckle.

It's Felix again. Han was about to glare when a teasing voice made him stop.

Claude: "Are you a dog?" Always looking for ways to get a rub.

Stop! You've teased me twice now. It's too much for my little heart.