Bound For Rescue

Piracy in space. Infamous outlaw Hondo Onaka has committed a heinous crime of attacking a Jedi transport carrying six younglings and Padawan Carmine Jinn, who just received their lightsaber crystals. So rare are these crystals that Hondo knows he can sell them on the black market for a small fortune. In a desperate attempt to save the younglings and her Master's twin brother, Ahsoka Tano has been captured by Hondo and his pirate horde.

Now, with a damaged ship, the younglings are stranded and alone.

Katooni tried to make contact with the Republic fleet, and someone answered.

"This is General Kenobi. We have your transmission." said Obi-Wan.

"The General Kenobi?" Petro said with astonishment.

Carmine activated the hologram.

"Obi-Wan, thank the Force you answered." said the pop star.

"The pirate Hondo has attacked and severely damaged our ship." Katooni explained. "and taken our chaperone, Ahsoka Tano."

"I'm dispatching Commander Cody to bring you back." Obi-Wan promised. "We shall deal with Hondo on Florrum."

"Will Ahsoka be alright?" asked Katooni.

"Hondo would be even more of a fool than I think he is to hurt her." Obi-Wan said. "Once we've picked you up, we'll focus on rescuing Ahsoka."

"But we could help Ahsoka a lot sooner than you can." said Petro.

"You've shown great bravery, but these pirates-"

"It was us who managed to drive them from the ship."

"You will not jeopardize your safety trying to be heroes, understood?""

"Yes, Master."

"That goes for you as well, Carmine."

"Yes, Master." Carmine bowed.

And the call was ended.

As for Cody, he was stuck on the ship as enemy fleets jumped from hyperspace where Obi-Wan's fleet was, and there was no telling how long they would be fighting.

While R2 and Carmine got to work repairing Huyang, the younglings returned to building their lightsabers. The children concentrated, and slowly and gently completed construction of their lightsabers.

Petro was the first to ignite his. It was blue.

"What do you think?" Petro asked.

"I think you finished your lightsaber." said Katooni. "Doesn't mean you know how to use it."

"She's right." Carmine said. "You'll hurt yourself if you're not careful with that thing."

"Well, if you hurry up, or Padawan Jinn takes his out, maybe we could find out." said Petro. "Where is your lightsaber, anyway?"

"Hidden away." Carmine said.

"You lost it?"

"Of course not."

Carmine reached behind his head and pulled out something that was tied in some strands of his long hair.

"You can hide things in your hair?" Ganodi asked.

"It's an old trick guardians of Solaris used to hide relics or wands." Carmine explained. "My grandmother taught me it."

Gungi ignited his lightsaber. His was green. Byph's was blue, but Katooni's wasn't working yet.

"I'll finish mine when I'm ready." said Katooni.

"Seeing as how our rescue party has forgotten us," said Petro. "You'll have plenty of time."