Lawless & Love

It was just another day in the Temple. Gabby was really excited because today, her Uncle Carmine was starting a new job at the Temple. Shortly after moving in with the Skywalkers, Carmine started helping Gabby with her ballet practice, as he'd taken it himself and later taught Lamenta. Now, the Temple had dance classes, but their last teacher accepted another position somewhere else. So, Carmine applied, and given how greatly he danced, it wasn't that hard of a choice to make.

Carmine even offered to teach the Council if they wished it. For now, he was teaching a class of younglings.

Gabby had just finished getting into her leotards and tutu, when she bumped into Obi-Wan, who dropped a box of some sort.

"Oh, sorry, Uncle Obi-Wan." Gabby said, picking up the box.

"Oh, it's quite alright, Gabby." Obi-Wan said.

"What's this?" Gabby asked, opening the box. Inside, she was mesmerized by what she saw. Inside sat a silver ring with a little diamond on it. "So pretty."

"Just something important," said Obi-Wan, taking the ring.

Gabby squealed as she had an idea what Obi-Wan was going to do with the ring.

"Are you gonna...?"

"Yes. But you can't tell anyone else." Obi-Wan said.

Gabby crossed her heart, and then rushed to get to dance class on time... until she overheard Obi-Wan being summoned by Masters Mundi and Yoda. Curious, she followed Obi-Wan to where there was an emergency transmission for Obi-Wan from his girlfriend Duchess Satine Kryze. Death Watch had taken over her planet, and apparently, without the Separatists involved, the Jedi couldn't help.

"We cannot just hand Mandalore over to these crime families and let Satine become a martyr." Obi-Wan said.

"I'm afraid her decision to keep Mandalore neutral makes this situation difficult." Master Mundi said.

"Understand your feelings I do, Obi-Wan." Yoda said. "But to take action, support from the Republic Senate, we will need."

"Then I support it." Gabby said, stepping in.

"How long have you been standing there?" Obi-Wan asked.

"That's not important now." Gabby said. "That's another kingdom in danger. My ancestors' kingdom was taken over, and I'm not sure Satine can send magical essence to descendants to someday save Mandalore."

Ki-Adi and Yoda looked at each other. As Naboo's princess, technically Gabby did have some power in the Senate, but limited, given her age. So, Yoda said,

"At the moment, nothing more can we do." Yoda said.

Obi-Wan left the room. Gabby could see the tears forming in his eyes as he left. She knew she was missing dance class, but her honorary uncle was more important to her now.

Gabby quickly changed her clothes and followed Obi-Wan to his room, and she saw him looking like he was gathering supplies for something. Peppermint was packing a bag too. So, Gabby decided to do a little gathering of her own.

Obi-Wan started to land a ship at the docks on Mandalore. But once it did land, part of it sparked.

"Anakin, that's the last time I borrow a ship from you." Obi-Wan groaned.

"Achoo!"

"Bless you." Obi-Wan said, but then realized something. He looked at Peppermint, who shook her head to tell him she didn't sneeze. "Alright. Who's the stowaway?"

Gabby crawled out from underneath something, and so did Lamenta.

"Girls, what are you doing here?" Obi-Wan asked.