Sabotage

About a month passed since Satine and Obi-Wan got engaged. A lot happened in that one month. Gabby talked to her mom, and they managed to get a few friends to help with restoring peace to Mandalore. Especially from some of Enchantra's leaders. And, during that time, Anakin's side of the family really grew accustomed to life outside the music industry.

Carmine proved himself to be a fun and effective dance teacher, Lamenta was making lots of nice friends at the Temple and with some of Gabby's friends, and Caroline got a chance to be a stay-at-home mother and to relax. Even though her husband wasn't a diva like some other celebrities, managing for him as well as overseeing the choreography and stage management was all done correctly on top of being a mother with an almost five-year-old was a very stressful job.

Today, Gabby and Lamenta were walking down the halls, talking about how things were turning more peacefully. Lamenta's mother was taking care of being Obi-Wan and Satine's wedding planner, and both the little girls were excited that they would get to be flower girls.

"You should've seen my parents' wedding." Gabby said. "It was so beautiful. You would've loved the dress my mommy wore. And my daddy... he made a vow to Boba and me when he and Mommy said their vows."

"That sounds so romantic." Lamenta said. "My parents said they just eloped since they couldn't afford a big wedding. After they graduated school, Mommy and Daddy wore their prom clothes and got a nice reverend from a local church to marry them. And Daddy's proposal was so romantic. He serenaded her with a beautiful song and then pulled out a ring that belonged to his grandma and asked her to marry him."

The girls were walking toward the hangar. Anakin's ship was being looked at, so Gabby wanted to check on the progress. But, as they were just arriving, Lamenta sensed something, and she quickly tackled Gabby to get her away as an explosion happened. Both girls screamed at the sight of all the smoke that came out and fire.

The girls both froze for a moment and then...

"DADDY!/UNCLE CARMINE!" Lamenta and Gabby screamed at the same time as they ran, looking for Carmine.

At the same time, Carmine was looking for both of them.

"Daddy!" Lamenta exclaimed when she saw her father, and she and her cousin ran right into his arms.

Carmine held the two girls dearly, so relieved to see that they were okay.

"Thank goodness you're okay." Carmine sighed with relief.

"Something exploded by the hangar, Uncle!" Gabby said.

"I sensed it right before it happened," said Lamenta. "It almost got us, but I pushed Gabby out of the way and got us both to safety."

"Thank the Force you did. That could've been a lot worse."

The girls were both shaking a little, so Carmine held them close and comforted them.

Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Ahsoka Tano arrived back at the Jedi Temple to meet with the Jedi Council, every single member physically present, which had been uncommon in the beginning of the war.

Anakin held Gabby in his arms while Carmine held Lamenta. Both girls were shaking, still traumatized by witnessing the bombing happen, even if it was from a distance just far enough to avoid getting hurt.

Anakin had been petrified when he learned his daughter and niece had been close to where the bombing happened, but he was so glad to hear they were both alright.

"How could the Separatists infiltrate the Temple?" Anakin asked.

"Worse than that it is." Yoda said.

"You think it could've been a magical creature?" Carmine suggested.