Remember to Find the Truth

Previously on Legend of the Jedi Princess...

After solving the mystery of a terrible bombing at the Jedi Temple, Anakin Skywalker's Padawan Ahsoka Tano finds herself accused of murdering the woman responsible for the bombing, and her master's niece Lamenta Jinn was being treated as a possible accomplice. With no choice, but to run, Ahsoka was chased by her master, who begged her to turn herself in, and Lamenta by her father, Anakin's twin brother Carmine Jinn, who managed to convince his daughter to turn herself in.

Now, Ahsoka has set off on her own to find out the truth and prove both her and Lamenta's innocence. She had no way of knowing what they were doing to the little girl now, and hoped they would go easy on her, given her age. But now, she had bigger fish to fry.

Carmine, however, refused to let Tarkin take his daughter.

"She's just a little girl!" Carmine said angrily. "I know my daughter. She would never do anything to hurt anyone."

Lamenta was crying as she clutched to her father.

"Don't make this any harder than it has to be, Master Carmine." said a clone officer.

"You will hand her to me now," said Tarkin.

"I don't think so," said another voice, entering the scene. It was Queen Sophia, who was dressed more like an attorney than a queen this time around.

"And who might you be?" Tarkin asked.

"Sophia Sitala, queen of Lefintiscia, and licensed attorney." Sophia said, pulling out a tablet. "I was contacted by Princess Gabriella, and have gotten an emergency injunction barring you from taking the child known as Lamenta Jinn into your custody."

Tarkin looked at the injunction, and it was legitimate.

"You're accusing a four-year-old of being an accomplice for murder without sufficient evidence. Under the law, if Lamenta is involved in a crime, she is to be sentenced by juvenile legal systems, whom I have already contacted. And they ruled that Lamenta shall await trial under house arrest."

Tarkin saw no way around this, so he reluctantly surrendered.

"Enjoy your freedom from the cell while it lasts, Princess." Tarkin said. "But you will be put where you belong."

Carmine glared at Tarkin and held his daughter protectively. He took his daughter to the Jedi Temple where he believed she would be safe.

Lamenta cried herself to sleep by the time Carmine brought her back to the Temple to prove a point: that Lamenta would never hurt anyone, including the Jedi. Initially, Anakin thought Carmine was crazy, but Carmine told him, "What would you have done if either of your children were Lamenta's position?"

Anakin looked down when his brother pointed that out, realizing he probably would've done the same thing. He hadn't known his niece that long, but she definitely would not hurt anyone intentionally. And, when Gabby told him that Lamenta sensed the danger and got them both out of the way before it happened, that served as evidence to him that Lamenta was a good girl.

Carmine, Anakin, Boba and Gabby stood on the side as the Council were talking with Admiral Tarkin.

"After further investigation, there can be little doubt that the clone officers murdered in the escape were killed by none other than Ahsoka Tano herself." Tarkin said. "She used a Jedi mind trick to convince the clone to open the door and then proceeded to cut him down along with five other clones along the way."

"I do not believe that Ahsoka could have fallen so far." Master Plo said.

"Neither can I." Gabby said. "Did anyone actually see Ahsoka do any of those things?"