An Old Friend

As the war between the Republic and the Separatists continued to intensify, many have been driven from their home planets, and it has been up to Senator Padme Skywalker and her daughter Gabby to secure aid for them.

Gabby managed to call in a few favors from some of the royal families of Enchantra and some new ones they met along the way to help those driven from their homes find shelter and work. But now, all eyes were turning to the Banking Clan and the planet Scipio.

In an attempt to remain independent from the Republic and the Separatists, all operations are divided, and money transactions are performed in a neutral zone surrounding the main vault. For operations to continue, there had to be no war on Scipio. However, worry about the stability of the Banking Clan was brewing within the Republic as the wellspring of money may be in jeopardy. By request of the Chancellor, Padme went to Scipio, and she brought her kids and their horses.

When they got there, though, they were told the guards had to wait outside. And that included the horses. But Remix pointed out he was not a guard.

"I'm afraid one of our Banking Council members is highly allergic to horses," said the banker Mak Plain. "We mustn't risk any equine hair getting inside."

Carousella, however, became more concerned about her girl's safety. And she was right to be, as the Senator and her kids were being watched by bounty hunter Embo from above, and he sent in a probe to follow them.

"We'll be okay, girl." Gabby said, stroking her horse's muzzle.

The senator and her children walked in and met with the Banking Clan Council of Five.

"As Council of Five," said one member. "we are honored but surprised that you have traveled all this way for a mere bank transfer."

"A transfer that has not been forthcoming." said Padme. "By request of the Supreme Chancellor, I am here to expedite matters."

"Of course. We would merely request that you and the princess meet with our special representative, who will go over the terms and conditions of your loan."

A door opened, and that was when a familiar Scipio senator entered the room.

"Senator... Skywalker." Clovis said, seeming like he had trouble using Padme's married name.

"Clovis!" Padme said, surprised to see him.

"You two know one another?" asked a council member.

"Sir, I was assured that this transaction would be free of prejudice and partisan allegiance." Padme said. "This man is a known Separatist and traitor to the Republic."

"Didn't he try to crash Mom and Dad's wedding?" Boba whispered to his sister.

"That's what Crescent told us." Gabby whispered back.

"Padme," Clovis started.

"I can assure you," said the council member. "Rush Clovis is our most trusted and best negotiator."

"I am sorry, gentlemen," said Padme. "but I insist this man be removed from these negotiations. Until then, we have nothing further to discuss. Time to go, kids."

With that, Padme left, her children following closely.

Later, the Skywalkers were at some quarters they were staying in, when someone began to sneak in over the balcony.

Teckla, Padme's aide, dismissed a servant for the night, when she turned and spotted someone behind Padme. And before whoever it was could get to Padme, they were tackled by Carousella, who then pointed her horn at him, and Padme pointed a gun she had, and so did Boba. And Gabby threatened to use her powers.