Rise of Clovis

Anakin piloted the ship he rescued his family and Clovis on to the Senate building on Coruscant. The group was greeted by Master Yoda.

"We weren't expecting such a formal welcome, Master." said Anakin.

"A personal request of the Chancellor's, my escorting you was, Senator." Yoda said. "Adventures have you had on Scipio, hmm?"

"A pretty crazy adventure," said Gabby.

"Have you met Rush Clovis?" Padme asked, motioning to the other senator.

"Met, we have, yes." said Yoda. "Intrigued we are, by your return to Coruscant. Much distrust is focused upon you."

"I understand, but I hope to right the wrongs that I have done." Clovis said.

"Delay, we must not." Yoda said.

While their parents met with a few Jedi Council members and Republic senators, Gabby and Boba pressed their ears against the doors to listen in. Naturally, there were those who didn't trust Clovis any better than they or Anakin did.

"Excuse me if I find it hard to trust you, Clovis." said Senator Organa. "You used to sit on this very Senate even as you funneled credits into the droid foundries of Count Dooku."

"I understand all of your trepidation, but there is corruption in the banks." Clovis explained.

"And once we find this corruption?"

"I believe the ones responsible should be ousted from control before the entire banking infrastructure collapses."

"Oh, and I suppose you're the man to do it." Anakin said sarcastically.

"I only want the Banking Clan to be what it once was," said Clovis. "a fair system of trade and commerce. I came here to root out the criminals and reveal the truth behind what is happening."

"Now, now," said Chancellor Palpatine. "We are grateful for you bringing us this information, but what exactly can you prove?"

"This wouldn't be the first time we've been deceived by someone we thought was an ally." Carousella said, being the only kid allowed in the room. "Former Padawan Offee bombed the Temple, the Chancellor's wife was an evil sorceress in disguise, and now the Banking Clan is creating all sorts of financial problems."

Clovis then took out a data disk and explained that its contents showed that huge funds were diverted out of the banks and into what he believed to be private accounts.

"And the veracity of this information?" Bail asked.

"I was the one who downloaded the files from the Muun's secure mainframe." Padme said. "I believe that what Clovis is saying is correct."

"Then, Senator Skywalker," said Palpatine. "I would like you to spearhead this investigation, work closely with Rush Clovis, and find and expose these secret accounts. Once we know exactly what we are dealing with, then we can decide how best to handle this...situation."

Outside the office, the kids quickly sat on a nearby couch as they heard the grownups approaching the door and acted like they were innocently reading a book as everyone exited the room.

Padme and Anakin were the last ones to exit the room.

"Why didn't you just say no?" Anakin asked.

"Say no? Why?" Padme asked.

"I don't want you working with Clovis." Anakin said.

"You don't want me working with him?"

The kids looked up as they saw their parents having a serious conversation. Gabby was worried; last time they worked with Clovis, an argument burst between her parents. Boba had only ever had one parent before the Skywalkers, so this was the first time he'd ever seen his parents fight.