Crescendo Back on Tour Part 2: Jealousy

The grownups did everything they could to make Lamenta feel at home while her parents were away. Anakin continued to read Lamenta her favorite book, play her favorite games with her, and sing her All Is Found every night. Qui-Gon did the same, especially on days when neither Padme nor Anakin were home. Padme also had their chef droid make Lamenta's favorite foods at mealtimes, and took Lamenta out whenever she could to distract her.

But, while the grownups were giving extra attention to Lamenta, things took a bit of a turn for the other kids.

One day, Gabby was putting together a toy droid she was given to practice putting mechanical things together. Or, she was trying to, anyway. She didn't understand mechanical things as well as her father or Ahsoka did. She knew how R2 units worked, but putting one together was another story. So, she went to Lamenta's room, where Anakin sat on the bed with Lamenta in his lap as he read Peter Pan to her.

"Daddy? Can you help me with something?" Gabby asked.

"Ask your brother." Anakin said. "I promised Lamenta I'd read with her."

Gabby sighed and went to look for her brother to help her with the little droid she was building.

After a while, the two of them managed to put the little R2 unit toy together. R2-D2 seemed to bond with the toy as Gabby activated it and the little blue droid rolled around like it was dancing.

"Looks like R2 has a friend." Gabby giggled. "Mini-R2."

Gabby decided to go see if her father was done reading with Lamenta so she could show him the little droid, but when she got there, she tripped on something and knocked over a small stack of books. That apparently woke up both Lamenta and Anakin, who'd fallen asleep reading the book.

"Gabby! Be careful." Anakin scolded.

Lamenta stirred and yawned, feeling a bit cranky as she was disturbed from her nap.

"Sorry, Daddy." Gabby said. "It was an accident."

"Gabby, you know Lamenta hasn't been sleeping well since her parents left. I finally had her napping." Anakin scolded. "Now I gotta get her to sleep all over again."

"I didn't mean to, Daddy. I'm sorry."

"Just go."

Gabby froze for a moment. Her father had never said anything like that to her before.

Another day, Boba and the ponies were getting ready to have a dance off on Gabby's Dance Prance Revolution game. Meanwhile, Gabby was flaunting the new pink ballet dress she'd gotten. She was looking forward to ballet practice today.

Crescent and Anakin walked by. Anakin was dressed in a white shirt and tight black pants for ballet practiced.

"Hey, Dad. Wanna join us in a dance off?" Boba asked as he and Remix set up the game.

"Maybe later, Boba." Anakin said. "I have to help Lamenta with her ballet practice."

"But... you said you'd help me with ballet practice today too." Gabby said sadly.

Most days of dance practice, it was just Gabby and Anakin. After she got a brother, she had to share her parents' attention, but she still had special things she did with them herself.

And so, Anakin began helping both girls with their lessons. Lamenta practiced her jumps and runs, while Gabby was practicing her pirouettes.

Gabby had received tutoring on her pirouettes and spent as much time as she could practicing. And today... it was perfect!