Crescendo Back on Tour Part 3: Reunion

Over an hour passed since the fight between the Skywalker-Jinn cousins. All three of them were sent to their rooms to calm down and think about their behavior.

Gabby was laying on her bed, tears in her eyes. She didn't feel good at all. Not with how things were around the house, nor with the way she acted earlier. Then, she heard a knock at the door, and the door opened. In came Qui-Gon.

"Knock-knock." said the grandfather.

Gabby said nothing. She couldn't be bothered to try and turn the moment into a knock-knock joke with her grandfather.

Qui-Gon sat on Gabby's bed.

"I see you are a little calmer." said Qui-Gon calmly. Gabby still said nothing. "Your parents have told me a lot about you, Gabriella. From what they've said, you usually get along with everyone, especially your family, and I believe it. However, what I saw earlier has made me curious. You and Lamenta have been the best of friends since you met, but earlier you were fighting. Tell me, why is that?"

Gabby said nothing at first. Then she sniffled and said, "My parents forgot about me. They love her more than me now."

And Gabby started crying.

"They've been spending all their time with her instead of me! Daddy dances with Lamenta and doesn't notice me, Lamenta gets everything she wants and the best of everything she doesn't even ask for, and Mommy even started singing Lamenta my lullaby. I think they wanna replace me with Lamenta."

"Gabby, that's not true." Qui-Gon said.

"And she got a unicorn I wanted while I got a zebra." Gabby said. "I like it, but still. Unicorns are my favorite animal. Even you're giving her more attention than me."

Qui-Gon then took Gabby into his arms.

"Gabby, you were an only child once, weren't you?" Qui-Gon said.

"Yeah, but what does that have to do with-" Gabby said, confused, until her grandfather interrupted her.

"When Boba was adopted into your family, did your parents love you any less then?"

Gabby thought back to when she was three. That day her parents brought Boba home, her whole life changed forever. Her parents began showing Boba some attention, but they told her ahead of time that they wouldn't love her any less than they did before. And afterward, she found that she loved having an older sibling. Sure, it took some getting used to, but they were one happy family then as they were now. Only now, their family was much bigger.

"No. But Boba didn't hog all my parents' attention." Gabby said. "Lamenta's been getting everything she wants lately, and it's not even her birthday. And Mommy and Daddy were my parents first."

"Perhaps, but she is here by herself." Qui-Gon said. "Think about it. This is the first time she's ever been away from both of her parents for an extended period of time. She has never even been away from them for one full day."

Gabby then looked at her grandfather, realization filling her eyes.

"Remember right after Carmine and Caroline left? How sad Lamenta was? Crying, your father being the first person she turned to because he looks like your uncle? How do you think you would've felt if you were in Lamenta's position?"

Gabby thought again, and she remembered the time the Council took her from her parents for two weeks.

Gabby and her parents were forced into that position unfairly, but still. It was not fun for her, and unlike Lamenta, she did not have the same loving attention and affection she was getting now. Lamenta was probably feeling homesick now. For her, home was wherever her parents were. And now she and they were far apart. Even with Gabby's parents doing all the same things Lamenta's parents did for her, they weren't her parents.