Chapter 2

Following the day at school, Shirou and Rin were talking about finding Sakura. She became distant from Shirou and Rin.

Rin especially noticed Sakura's occasional glare being directed at her. That one hurt, but she decided not to let it bother her too much. She did regret the way she abandoned her sister following the adoption.

She also hadn't come over after school for a while too.

They also noticed that Shinji hadn't been to school either, but they didn't really care.

While Rin was too afraid to talk to Sakura, Shirou did try to talk to her, but she just said "I'm sorry. I've just been busy" and refused to talk more.

At the end of the day Shirou left to see Illya. She was supposed to be discharged today after being almost up to a full recovery.

The walk back was quiet. But Illya spoke up. "Thanks for saving me from the grail" she said.

Shirou nodded in response. "Don't thank me. Rin saved you. But no matter what, I'm glad you're OK"

She nodded as they kept walking. She knew that Rin would be ther once they made it back home, but it was unavoidable.

Even after everything they'd been through, she still felt angry about the way her father abandoned her for his shiny new family.

But maybe taking it out on Shirou wasn't fair. Maybe she could ask him about her father.

But at a later date though. She wasn't mentally prepared.

Once they got back, they started talking. They were especially torn up about how Saber died.

Rin made another comment. "It wasn't bad enough when Saber died, but that she didn't even get to accept it and was clearly in regret. And the way she died"

Before Shirou could respond, they heard a response.

"Maybe that's how Sakura felt about Rider"

The two of them turned to see that Illya entered the room.

"What are you talking about?" Shirou asked. He couldn't believe it. There was no way Sakura would have had anything to do with Rider. But here this girl was, saying that.

"You weren't aware?" she asked. "Sakura was in the grail war as Rider's master" she explained to them. But they were blown away. They couldn't believe what they heard.

"I assumed that Shinji was her master" Rin responded.

Illya sighed. "I thought so at first. As it turns out, Sakura was the intended master. But refused, thus handing control over to Shinji" she explained. "I figured it out when I found the book"

They became really concerned about Sakura's and what happened to Shinji.

But Shirou also remembered Sakura's reaction when Saber first came over. She knew about Saber the whole time?

Whatever was going on needed to be dealt with.