Conversation

Mimi POV Friday: Bonnie: Did it ever appear to you that I also have personal problems? Not everything about you and "your situation". A situation that is fucked up because of your dumb ass anyway. I still can't believe you fucked Aug over like that. You deserve whatever you got from it.

I keep re-reading the text over and over again. I was sitting on the couch in August's living room.

"Why you keep staring at that phone girl?" August walk in from behind me. He took a nap earlier and apparently just woke up.

"Uh nothing." I try my best to conceal the phone screen from him. But August starts being August and takes the phone right out or my hands.

"Hey! Give me that back! August I'm not playing."

He start laughing and moving around trying to focus on what the screen said. When he finally did focus, his smile went from a smile to a frown.

"This bitch got some nerves texting you like that."

"I texted her first." He scroll up and read the message I sent first.

"Still..."

"It's okay August. It really is."

"How come you didn't tell me about this?"

August come around and sit next to me.

"How could I tell you about that. I barely knew what was happening myself."

"She ain't a real friend. Simple."

"Well, you can tell me now..."

"Obviously, we went through all that. If course, she's my best friend, so I told her...then I didn't hear from her again. No text, no response to my text, no call. Nothing. She kind of reacted weird when I told her too."

"I know you ain't worried is you?"

I look down,"She's my best friend. I don't know, I just thought she would be there a little more."

"Well I'm your boyfriend and I say you don't need her. To be there."

"I need somebody...I feel so alone these days. Granny can only listen to so much."

August smirk that smirk. "Why not me?"

"Huh?"

"Why not me? Why can't I be the somebody?"

We look eye to eye now. "Because... I don't know if we're back like that. Or if you wanted to hear about my problems."

"...."

"I hurt you. And I lied, to cover. If I were you, I wouldn't fuck with me at all."

"You did. And to be honest I'm still hurt about it. But I know I never want to lose you and because of that, I'm forever here. Belee dat."

"Thanks, I really appreciate that. August, I really do. And I'm sorry again."

"Everybody fuck up. We ain't all perfect.. I sure as hell ain't."

I started getting tingly inside. I felt like, for what seems like forever, that me and August were back best friends again.

~

"No no no. I never used to snore until I got with you!" I argued. We were talking and laughing about the dumbest, most random stuff. Now it's about how I snore.

"How you just gon blame me? How I control your body?"

"I'm sayin, your snoring rubbed of on me. I'm telling da truf' boy!"