26

"I think I like Y/n."

The boy had spoken quite loudly in the silent gym after taking a deep breath. Everyone inside was stunned.

For one thing, he never speaks that loud. He usually never admits to his own personal thoughts and feelings so easily. He was bolder than the others have ever seen him- confessing his feelings for their manager so openly, so honestly... so sincere.

"What...?" The tall, silver haired first year spoke, his voice breaking as he uttered that single word. The volleyball that was once in his hands fell, landing on the floor with a thud.

Kenma turned his head to look at his kouhai. "I like Y/n. And I won't let you have her, Lev. I won't let her fall for you."

This bold statement stunned everyone in the gym. Never has Kenma acted in such a way. It was new, almost scary to some.

Lev took this confession, all of Kenma's words, as a threat. "That's not for you to decide, Kenma-san."

The setter shrugged, seeming indifferent towards Lev and his statement. "Maybe not. But I can work hard to make sure Y/n never falls in love with you."

Kuroo knew the setter was serious. Even though he never said anything, Kuroo had gotten the feeling that his childhood best friend was developing feelings for you. It started becoming obvious to Kuroo the day Kenma asked the guys of the club how to know if he was crushing on someone. To anyone else, it was just a harmless question that started a deep conversation in the club room. But since that question was asked, Kuroo observed Kenma more and already figured out that the quiet second year setter was developing deep romantic feelings for their manager.

Your brother, however, was taken back by this confession of Kenma's. A part of him was thrilled- out of all the guys he knew, Kenma was the one he approved of most to be something more than friends with you. Another part didn't like that Kenma truly had feelings for you. Well, actually, that isn't quite it- Morisuke disliked the way Kenma was already showing signs of being possessive over you. He would never let anyone make you do something you didn't want to- he was willing to allow you to make your own choices... even in romance.

"Kenma, it's fine you like Y/n and all.... But if you hurt my baby sister, make her uncomfortable, or force her to do anything, you'll be dealing with me."

Kenma looked at the libero. "I wouldn't dream of it. I'd rather Y/n love me of her own free will."

Another stunned silence claimed the boys. Practice did carry on, but there as a growing rift between some of the guys. Communication was almost nonexistent between some of the volleyball club's members.

***

Morisuke checked his phone, worried about you since you hadn't come back to practice after leaving so abruptly. He checked his phone, seeing missed calls from his parents, and a few texts from you as well as your guys' parents.

<You: Hey, Mori. The nurse said I have a concussion and should stay home for at least a week... Which means I won't be at practice for a week or so.>

Your brother was damn near freaking out as he read your text. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!"

Kuroo flinched, turning to look at the libero. "What's wrong, Yakkun?!"

"Y/n has a concussion and can't leave home for at least a week!"

"So she won't be at practices?"

Morisuke shook his head, still very worried about you. "No." He decided to text you back.

<Mori: Ok. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, we just finished up with practice. Do you need or want anything? I'll stop by the store and pick anything up for you>

<You: Don't worry about it, I kinda figured practice was still going on. I don't know if we really need anything. Maybe a variety of teas?>

<Mori: Ok, I'll pick some up. I'll be home as soon as I can>

<You: Thanks big bro, see you soon!>

<Mori: Alright, see you soon!"

Your brother smiled as he read your text, happy that you were willing to let him do anything to help you.

Kuroo walked over and peered over the shorter boy's shoulder, catching a glance at the phone screen. "Do you need any help with getting those teas for your sister, Yakkun?"

The libero flinched, quickly turning his head to look at the taller boy. "I... guess. I mean, I can handle it on my own... but I won't stop you if you wanna help."

And so, Kuroo and Morisuke went to the store together and bought the teas for you.

Kenma silently headed home, not willing to socialize with any of his teammates- Lev least of all.

And Lev? Well, he had gotten home and went to his bedroom, laying down on his bed. He broke down, panicking that he might lose his first crush and best friend if he can't figure out how to stop Kenma from taking you all for himself.