Permanent Ink: Ignite

Briar soon forgot all about her destiny as her party unfolded at the Red Shoes Dance club. She had been planning it since the first day of school, and was so happy it was going off without a hitch. She couldn't imagine what would have happened if Raven hadn't signed. Absolutely nobody would be in the mood to party.

"This party is ever after awesome Briar!" Cupid said, grabbing Briar's wrist and pulling her onto the dancefloor. She was a new transfer student from Monster High who ran a love advice mirrorcast show. Briar was glad she had come. The students here definitely needed help in the love department, and Cupid was really nice, too. Of course, she wouldn't be any help to Briar, who wouldn't meet her one true love for another hundred years. But she couldn't think about that. She signaled for Melody to turn the music up, hoping to drown out her worries with a good song. Then she joined Cupid on the dance floor, just as was expected of her.

...

Apple laid her head on Raven's shoulder, closing her eyes against the bright lights coming from the disco ball. True, she was ecstatic, and had enough energy to stay up all night laughing, but she wanted to stay by Raven's side. Raven, who had signed her page simply because Apple asked her to. She had never felt so grateful to anyone in her life. Now, her mother would be proud of her. She hoped Raven's mom would be proud of her too. They would live out their fairytale destinies, just as the plan had always been. Apple was content, although she knew Raven was sad. She nestled up against Raven's side and stayed there.

"You don't have to try to make me feel better, you know," Raven said, looking down at Apple. "I did the right thing. I did it for you."

"That's exactly why I can't leave your side," Apple said. She grabbed onto Raven's hand and interlocked their fingers. It made a warm feeling rush up inside her, but she pushed it down. "You did this for me. It's my job to make sure you have the happiest life you can before we have to play out our roles. If you're sad right now, I'll stay with you. We are destined to be side by side. Forever After."

Raven sighed, but relented and leaned her head down on Apple's. "If you say so, Apple."

...

"So, how do we go about this?" Cedar asked Darling, sitting closely next to her on the couch. The Red Shoes Dance Club had a side area where students could catch their breath after dancing, and Darling and Cedar had been hogging the seats all night.

"It's unclear, but we definitely need a plan." Darling looked over at Blondie, who was their key to getting back into the storybook of legends. Literally. She could unlock the door to the Headmaster's office and the book itself. That way, Cedar could figure out if there was something wrong with it.

"True. And we shouldn't approach her tonight. She's too happy about her destiny. There's no way she'd agree"

Darling nodded. "If she feels connected to the royals, she won't be inclined to help us. Although, she has a particular attachment to one rebel..." Darling's eyes shifted over to Blondie's dance partner and roommate. Cedar's eyes followed, landing on Cupid. Truthfully, she didn't know much about the new girl. She had transferred from another school, and she didn't fully understand her destiny. But Blondie had been very close with her ever since she came to Ever After high.

"Do you think Cupid could convince Blondie to open the book?" Cedar asked.

Darling shrugged. "It's certainly worth a try."

...

Blondie's day had been just right. She had curled her hair perfectly that morning, and had gotten it in that position that framed her face just so. Her dress perfectly suited her style, and Cupid had given her a million compliments on it. Then she signed her page, seeing herself loved and adored by her community, just like her mother had been. No one could say she wasn't a future queen. And then Raven had signed, meaning that her destiny, as well as her friends, were all safe. Then she had come to Briar's afterparty, and Cupid had spent the whole night dancing with her, as Dexter Charming was nowhere to be seen. She hated to be ecstatic at someone's absence, but she couldn't help the little happiness that rose up in her. Cupid was hers for the night. That, and Briar was giving her more attention than usual, making her feel like a real royal.