Chapter 26 : Oblivious

Marcy hummed happily as she opened the lunch Mrs. Boonchuy had made her, "Anne, I cannot put into words how much I love your mom's cooking."

Anne chuckled, watching her girlfriends happily open the lunches, "I'm glad you like them!" she saw Sasha about to take a bite and jumped towards her, stopping her hand, "Wait Sash! it's spicy."

Sasha furrowed her eyebrows confused, "...Okay? and?- ow!" she yelped, looking over to Marcy who had just kicked her under the table, the blonde giving her a look that said 'what the actual fuck Mars?' and the raven-haired girls face saying 'shut your mouth you dumb blonde stereotype'.

Luckily for them, Anne was one of the most oblivious people on the planet, so she didn't really notice their arguing faces.

After the two finished their—very detailed—wordless argument, Sasha looked back at Anne, "Oh my god, thank you SO much for saving me girlfriend!!!" she said with fake enthusiasm, earning another kick from Marcy.

When the raven-haired girl's high heel came into contact with Sasha's leg again, she immediately winced, "Fuck!" she quietly swore, glaring at her and whisper yelling, "That's actually starting to hurt you fucking asshole-"

"Hey Anna-Banana~?" Marcy asked, ignoring her blonde girlfriends passive aggressive whispers.

"Yes?" Anne answered, seemingly not noticing Sasha's frequent tiny swears.

Marcy tilted her head and rested it in her hands, fluttering her eyelashes as she asked, "Could you get Sasha a milk please? so she doesn't die from the spiciness??"

Anne snorted, "Yeah okay." Marcy grabbed her purse and gave it to Anne, Anne definitely deciding to ignore Sasha because her constant middle fingers and swears directed at Marcy were no longer quiet or discreet.

Anne smiled sweetly, "Be right back~!" she told them before walking off.

Once Anne was gone, Marcy whipped her head back at Sasha, squinting her eyes at her with a very annoyed look on her face, "Now what were you saying, dear?"

Sasha huffed, crossing her arms and looking away from Marcy, "You're the worst."

Marcy giggled, she leaned up to her and pecked her cheek, "You love me though~"

Sasha rolled her eyes, making her girlfriend giggle even more before she got serious, "Now,—" she brought her pointer finger and thumb up to the blonde's forehead, giving it a flick and earning an "Ack!" before she continued speaking, "—it's time to remind your stupid brain about the lie's we need to keep up with."

Anne smiled as she accepted the strawberry milk from the lunch lady, "Thank you~!" she said with a smile, walking back to the table and looking at the drink she bought.

'I hope Sasha likes strawberry milk... she liked strawberry ice cream so I'm sure she does, and it was the same price as regular so... ugh Anne, stop thinking about it, she'll appreciate it!'

Just as Anne finished that thought, she saw Sprig, Polly, Maddie, and Ivy sitting at a lunch table, she immediately walked over to them with a bright smile on her face, "Guys!"

When they looked back, they had wide eyes—except Maddie, who was too busy crafting something to care about what was happening—Anne let out a chuckle, "Um... everything okay?"

"Mhmm!" the three immediately answered simultaneously, Anne let out a chuckle, "O-kay? anyways,"

She grinned, "You guys wanna come join me, Marcy, and Sasha? or we could come over here!" she offered, but Ivy immediately shook her head, "We can't!!"

Anne furrowed her eyebrows, "Why? is something wrong?"

The three shared glances, then Polly faked an extremely loud cough, "We're sick!!?"

Anne backed up a bit, "Why are you at school if you're sick?"

"Hop-Pop doesn't believe in sickness!" Sprig blurted out, Anne blinked, "...Okay then...? um, see you later then."

"Bye!" they said back, and Anne left to go back to her girlfriends very confused.

She sat back in her seat, sliding the milk to Sasha, "I got you strawberry since you like strawberry ice cream."

Sasha gasped, "Anne!!! that is so sweet!" she grabbed the milk and immediately started drinking it, Marcy giggled, looking at Sasha with a lovestruck smile, "Strawberry is her favorite."

When she looked back at Anne, she didn't have her usual happy face, she was more confused, maybe even sad. Marcy pouted a little, tilting her head as she asked, "What's wrong?"

Anne obviously didn't expect that question from how she jumped, looking over to Marcy as she mumbled, "Oh um... nothing really..."

Marcy raised an eyebrow, simply saying "Anne." in a slightly stern tone, Anne flopped her face on the table, muttering out, "I think my friends are mad at me but I don't know why!!!"

Sasha and Marcy shared an annoyed glance before the raven-haired girl leaned forward, gently petting their girlfriend's curls, "Aw, I'm sure they aren't."

Anne just let out a groan in response.

Sasha decided she should probably make her feel better, so she stopped sipping her milk for a moment, setting it to the side and getting up, moving to the other side of the table and sitting next to her, softly rubbing her back to comfort her, "Well, even though there is no possible way anyone could be mad at you because you're so perfect,"

Anne blushed as she continued, lifting her body back up and looking at the blonde, "how about we take you out on a date? that'll make you feel better."

Anne furrowed her eyebrows, "When? after school?"

Marcy smirked, leaning closer to her girls, "How about right now? it'll be easy to leave since it's lunch."

Anne blinked a bit in surprise, "Are you saying we should skip?"

Sasha shrugged, "Why not? it'll be fun~"

Marcy smirked, twirling one of Anne's curls around her finger, "Yeah Anne~ it'll be so much fun~!"

Anne nervously bit down on the inside of her cheek, she had never skipped before, but her friends were definitely acting strange, maybe they were just feeling off today, or guilty they couldn't make it to her birthday, so them not seeing her would probably make them normal again.

Anne sighed, smiling softly as she responded,

"Sure, why not."

———————————————
Published :
December, 24th, 2022.

Word Count :
1074.