Well, a Corkscrew Ain't Gonna Cut It.

I laid on the bed, my inner thoughts in a downward spiral as my mother's screams and childhood neglect taunt me, the pleads and cries of not just my father but Jules and Fezco's echoing on the walls of my brain.. The happiness I felt with Ash was far more euphoric and intoxicating than any drug.. making me crave for my next fix even more, Wanting to fill that lonely void I felt. 

     All this plaguing my mind, waking me from my brief nap. The groan escaping out from me sounding out painfully as I rolled over on the bed groggily. A small knock sounding out as if on cue.

"Cassie.. Can I use the bathroom?" I barely made out the words to be Lexi. My mind fuzzy and blurry from drugs and lack of sleep.

"Whatever, Cassie." Lexi sighs and goes for the closet, causing me to sit up from the bed tiredly. She goes through her clothes, Cassie soon making her way out of the bathroom. Her face wet and red, her eyes like she's been crying. She has a towel in hand, drying the sides of her face.

      I almost wave her off, rubbing my eyes of exhaustion. I stretched, nonchalantly falling back onto the bed, spread out like a starfish.

"What do you mean whatever? I have a good reason to be upset Lexi!" I almost laughed, still out of it and trying to get myself functioning.

"Do you?" I hear Lexi out. I snorted at this, giving an airy chuckle as Cassie stomps out of the room.

"Someone's pissed." I sit back up from the bed, Lexi shaking her head as she sighs. We can hear Cassie talk loudly, yell, at her mom, her mom loud back but none of what they said audible. Lexi making her way for the bathroom to change now that her sister was out of the bathroom.

     I get up from the bed, going to check under my pillows for my trusty pills. I almost sigh a breath of relief, seeing they're still there. Obviously wanting to take one now but figured to be nice and wait til after Lexi left. Wait where's she going?

    I pulled away from my, poor, hiding spot, standing up straight as Lexi left the bathroom. Looking at me before gesturing to the door.

"She's still going?" I flatten my lips, straight faced.

"Yep." I say with little enthusiasm. Lexi almost rolls her eyes, making her way for the door now, me trailing behind.

"I'm not the bad guy. Everyone keeps looking at me like I'm the bad guy, but I'm not the bad guy!" Cassie yelled in defense. Lexi makes her way down stairs, going for the living room where her mom and sister were. I decided to listen from a far, folding my arms as I rested against the wall at the top of the stairs to listen in.

"Well, you're not the good guy." Lexi counter backs to her sister.

"Yeah, that's for sure." I hear Suze mumble, making me silently chuckle.

"Everyone thinks that I was hooking up with Nate when he and Maddy were still together, but that's not accurate. There was no crossover!" Cassie tries to defend more, literally not helping her case in the slightest.

"Cassie, please, just a little bit of peace, please." Suze subtly begs, clearly done with her daughter's drama for the time being.

"But Rue made it sound like we were just hooking up the entire time, but I would never do that to someone I love." I blinked incredulously, that sentence literally making my brain lag.

"Yeah, I don't think that's a real airtight defense." Suze points.

"It's the truth!" Cassie screamed out.