Storms

Ever since I was younger I loved thunderstorms. Maybe it was because it reminded me of fireworks. The lightening being the actual firework and the thunder being big boom.
Even when I would fall asleep I would go on YouTube and look up thunderstorm sounds for sleeping. I really don't know why I loved storms so much. But that was all going to change.
One night I was on the couch sitting in my room watching the storm. The lightening filled up the sky and then followed by the thunder. I noticed something abnormal when the lightening flickered. Somebody or something was standing outside my window. I just figured that I was over exagerating and decided to fall asleep.
Suddenly I awoke with a start. It was still storming. The lightening outside even filled my room. I saw a message written on my wall that said, "look outside your window." My heart was racing and my arms were shaking, but I did as told.
I looked out my window, it was still there. A burst of lightening filled the backyard and I saw him... My mother's ex boyfriend.
He went crazy when my mother broke up with him and has been trying to call her ever since.
I ran to mother's room as fast as I could and flipped on the switch. What I saw was a horrific scene. Her eyes were cut out and was stabbed multiple times. I grabbed my phone and started to dial 911. Then I heard a voice right behind me and said it was too late.