The Choice

I sighed, dipping my head towards the ground.

Thoughts of my earlier life, Blue, and my future as a dragon came to mind. I didn't know what to do. I could follow Toothlessly and the dragons of Berk to their home world, but then I would be leaving Blue, the love that I'm sure I would get if I tried. There's too much at stake if I go, I thought sadly, sifting on my claws.

Blue would be all alone forever... but I'm sure he would find a mate...

You need to choose your heart Alina my mind said soothingly, and the wind ruffled over my scales, reminding me of what I had and what I could gain if I stayed or went back to Dragorath. In the end, my heart won over my surfacing wants. Toothless had Light scale. I saw the love he cared for her, the love he would never carry for me.

So with a ruffled breath, I looked up again to meet his green eyes and shook my head "no, I can't, Toothless... I have a home, one that I long to get back to. My purpose in this world is fulfilled; you no longer need my wings and claws to aid you, but should there be trouble lurking in the undergrowth, do send a raven or something to Dragorath, my home."

Toothless nodded and stepped closer to me, nuzzling me, chin against the neck. We purred, softly dulling each other's crying hearts "everything's going to be alright Toothless. You will get to be the king you were meant to be... you will get a legacy and a family, do not worry about my hide, for I can take care of myself," I crooned as I rubbed my snout against his shoulder, then moved to his head and rubbed it.

"Stay strong, alpha," I said and stepped away, falling to a bow "my freind" that's when I heard the familiar crackling of magic, and I turned aorund to see the glimmering blue portal; I smiled and turned back to Berk tears already pooling in my eyes.

I then spread my wings, lifted my snout, and roared—a roar of love, power, and luck. To the lives that still have to see death, that still have to see life. For the future for all the Vikings, the people of dragons, and to my kind.

To the dragons.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I was home.

Once I took to the air again, I sighed, somewhat conflicted but proud with my choccie. I might as well tell Blue what I've been bearing now. Soon the familiar forest came into my sight line, and I purred happily, already sinking towards the earth to prepare for my landing.

And once I reached the trees, I started to look for the clearing that stood out against the skies and trees that spurned aorund, barren but dotted with grass and flower plumps. The scent of a male velociraptor lingered in the air, and I knew that Blue was close. I then touched down, rocking the earth softly, and folded my wings.

Not wasting a second, someone grey came running at me, crashing into my flank, making me jump and nearly torpor them over. I hissed as an instinct but soon straightened up when I saw two familiar yellow eyes. "Where have you been?!" Roared the raptor, his eyes alight with relief, worry, and anger.

I dipped my head to meet his eyes at their level. "Blue, my dear," I started, "I had another purpose in another world. I could not stay here" despite my reason, Blue snarled at me and lashed his tail "you could've told me! I was worried!" he took a breath and shook his head, "I-I thought you h-had left me or s-something... I searched for you for weeks! I searched everywhere, even going as far as the humans go look-!"

I cut him off by pressing my nose against his and silencing him effectively. At first, he was stunned, but after a while, he let in and kissed me back. Our kiss lasted as long as our breaths let us, and soon we pulled away, breathing hard.

I pressed my forehead against his smiling softly. "Blue, I know I should've given you some hunt that I was gone. But there wasn't much time I had before the portal took me. And you should've known; the one who wrote me the letter said he would let you know."

Blue frowned "there's been no one who's come to me about you, Alina. I only found out you were gone when I couldn't find you anywhere..." he trailed off and tilted his head to the side, looking away from me as of thinking. But after a while, he shook his head " no, I can't recall anything" I sighed with a frown but didn't say about it.

"Now.." he suddenly blurted, and I saw a deep red color flush over his scales. "I-I'm wondering why did you kiss me? Just to shut me up, or were there feelings behind that kids?" I sighed, knowing that this question would come sooner or later. "Well..." I started giving him a sweet smile and an affectionate lick on his cheek "it was feelings behind it. I do like you. I've done for a while now, I guess..." Blue's face lit up, and he licked my cheek too.

"Well, I'm glad we share mutual feelings then."

And that's how I and Blue's relationship started; we became mates that day. There was no planning, though; we would let life go its way and lead us to whoever we wanted. All we knew was that we would probably have a secure future together, and nothing could come in the form of our love.

No one and nothing.

No matter what the danger is, we are together to the end.

Love is our way and the answer to our problems.

And now, dear reader, it's nearing the end of my tale but does not worry, for the beauty of Dragorath still has much to tell you. All you have to do is listen.

~ ▬▬ι═══════ ﺤ ~