Chapter 1: Your Watch Begins

I don't know how well this is going to go or if I will continue along exactly with the OW2 story, but regardless I wanted a fresh start with this concept. There are aspects I didn't like and I've grown as a writer and wanted to make it better. I thank all of my more long term readers for the support you gave me on my original story, and welcome you all back along with any new readers that may stumble upon this with the new game releasing. I am excited to begin again with this and hope you all do enjoy. Without further delay, here is: [Remastered]: Each Other's Shield

"How is it looking?" You hear a voice ask from the door behind you. You flip your welding face shield up and spin on your stool.

"Just about finished." You respond to your mom with a smile. She wheels herself over and positions her chair next to yours.

"It looks good." She says as she runs her hand over the smooth metal. "Your father would be proud of the finished product."

"Yeah well...he did teach me about this stuff." You respond, removing the face shield from your head and placing it on the workshop bench. "Want to help me test it?"

"Of course." She says with a smile. You wheel the armor stand through the work shop and towards the edge where a small firing range has been set up. You place sensors in the chest, stomach, and legs of the armor's interior as your mother wheels herself to the firing line where she begins to load a variety of firearms.

"Sensors are all in place." You tell her as you join her.

"Prepare for test." She says, picking up a pistol as you place on your ear protection. Between shots you check the sensor readings for damage from the force of the rounds as well as any physical damage on the armor's exterior.

"How did it hold up?" Your mother asks as you check over the armor after final test.

"Could be better, but that's the highest caliber that we have so it's not terrible." You respond. "I'll continue to work on it."

"You need to take a break." Your mother says. "You are like your father in many ways, most good, but you overwork yourself just like him."

"Yeah yeah I know." You respond as you begin to tinker with your armor again. "Hey...do I smell something burning?" You asks.

"Oh no." Your mother's eyes go wide. "Dinner!" She quickly exits the room, heading towards the source of the scent. You shake your head and continue to work until your phone rings next to you.

"Chinese for dinner?" You ask her.

"Oh ha ha...what is your order." She says in defeated tone. You let out a laugh before placing your order.

2 Hours Later

The two of you sit on the couch, enjoying your takeout while watching a late night game show.

"So...have you talked to Brigitte recently." Your mother asks before taking a bite of her lo mein.

"I...what brings this up?" You ask her.

"Normally you like to tell me about what she's been up to and lately you've been quiet about it." She responds.

"It's hard with her on the other side of the world. Plus we have both busy lately." You answer. "A text here or there is all that it has been for almost a year now."

"You two were so close back when we all lived on base. I'm sure that you had a little crush on her." Your mother giggles. Your face burns read as you chew your food.

"That was over seven years ago mom." You reply firmly.

"Oh I'm sure that time hasn't changed much." She says back to you. You sigh and rub your forehead with your free hand as she laughs more. "The way your eyes would light up whenever you told me about whatever adventure her and Reinhardt had been up to told me all I needed to know."