11. it started with kicks

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐. (written)

## YEBIN'S POINT OF VIEW

━━━━━━━━━━━

Yebin loved swimming. Sure it was way more competitive than people would think and it takes more commitment then believed but those complications don't matter when you love something so much.

It was so therapeutic for her, the water was like her friend. It was always there for her when she needed to relax and unwind. Which makes the story of her swimming beginnings more amusing.

Her love for swimming started with her notorious arch nemesis, Park Sunghoon.

They were nine at the time and the teachers were encouraging the kids to take interest in extracurricular activities, especially the sports clubs.

"What sport do you wanna try out?" The young Sohee asked her. "Hmmm, I don't know."

Meanwhile, little Sunghoon was talking to his friends about the same question. "What sport will you do?" A boy asked him. "Beats me." He shrugged.

"Ooh! What if you do soccer? I mean I'm doing soccer. If you join the Golden Bird soccer club, we can both play together!" Sohee exclaimed to Yebin who was starting to get as excited as her. Her and her best friend playing a sport together? It will be so much fun.

"Join the Golden Bird soccer club! You basically kick the ball the whole time." Another boy pitched in, Sunghoon listened, intrigued. "Plus my mum always tells me it helps with your leg muscles and stuff? Plus if you join the soccer club that Sohee and I go to, they give us a free popsicle every Wednesday and Saturday practice!"

"Free popsicle?" Sunghoon repeated. When the boy nodded his head energetically, Sunghoon's smile started to get brighter.

"It's settled." Yebin cheered.

"Okay then." Sunghoon giggled.

"I'll go do soccer!"

They said in unison.

Loudly.

Loud enough that both of them heard the other voice.

An abrupt silence filled the classroom. Yebin slowly turned her head to Sunghoon, he did the same.

They started staring at each other, both with stupefied expressions. "What do you mean you're gonna do soccer?" Yebin questioned.

"I wanna play," He answered, "Do you wanna play?" He asked as if it couldn't be true. "Yeah." Yebin stated.

"But if you play in the same club, we'd have to play together." Sunghoon told. "I know." Yebin confirmed.

"And I wanna play." Sunghoon argued. "No you don't." Yebin replied.