07.

Daerla

  My baby is growing big. I can feel them inside of me. Sometimes they kick. They are a great comfort to me, especially now. Without Aemma and my daughter I feel lost. I've not left my chambers in many months. I'm tired but I sleep all the time.

  Rhaenyra visits my everyday, but Viserys doesn't. If he did I would probably throw a shoe at him. Harwin is here during the night. He kisses my belly and sometimes he talks to the baby. But then I tell him to shut up because I'm trying to sleep.

  "Is Samwell Stark married?" I ask Rhaenyra as I pick at pieces of fruit off the tray.

  "Yes, he got married last month," she replies as she sits cross legged on the edge of the bed.

  "Shame," I say sighing out.

  "Are you looking for a second husband?" She asks as she pulls off a grape.

  "No, I'm looking for a husband for my maid," I say as I put a slice of fruit in my mouth.

  "Why?" Rhaenyra replies.

  "Because she wants a husband," I shrug.

  "Huh," Rhaenyra says thoughtfully. "What about Cristen Cole? You know the knight."

  "He is very cute," I reply as I think about him. "All I'm saying is that if I wasn't married." I shrug.

  "Are you scared about giving birth?" Rhaenyra asks suddenly. "I just mean, because of what happened to my mother." My hand goes to my belly.

  "I'm excited for the baby to be born," I say and leave it at that. Rhaenyra doesn't need to hear about my problems.

  "Father is calling a small council meeting this afternoon, will you come?" She asks.

  "I don't want to move," I say and I shuffle further into my cosy bed. "It's too cold out there."

  "Please," she says and she gives me puppy dog eyes. "For me?"

  "Fine," I say and that's how I end up hanging onto Rhaenyra's arm as we walk to the meeting.

  My belly is massive. I'm almost at my due date and it shows. As we walks through the corridor Ser Harwin sees us and does a double take.

  "What the hell are you doing?" He says and he grabs onto my forearm.

  "I'm going to the small council meeting with Rhaenyra," I say and pull my arm from him. "If you'll please excuse us."

  "No, no, you're not going anywhere but to your room," he says and he stands infront of me, stopping me going anywhere.

  "You're being childish," I say as I cross my arms over my chest.

  "Am I?" He argues back with an expression on his face that is... making me feel things. His eyes are on mine and his lips and slightly lifted in a smirk.

  "Rhaenyra, you go ahead," I say without breaking eye contact.

  "Are you sure?" She says from beside me.