Birthday

Yn's pov:

It was Yelena's birthday. We were all celebrating and sitting in a circle on couches, Yelena sitting in the middle on the ground.

Lot's of gift's were scattered around the floor and wrapping paper was everywhere.

Yelena had the biggest smile I had ever seen on her face as she started unwrapping my present. I was so nervous hoping she would like it.

I looked around the room, everyones gaze was on Yelena except for one. The second I looked at Kate I saw her staring at me. She smiled and winked. I felt a blush creeping up my face so I quickly looked back at Yelena.

She tore the last piece of paper of the present and her eyes widened. "Omg!, Omg!, you did not!" she jumped up from the ground and threw herself on me squeezing me tighly.

"You like it." I chuckled. Yelena nodded happily.

"what is it?" Wanda asked curiously. Yelena showed Wanda the signed Taylor Swift album.

"Omg!!" Wanda yelled before sitting next to Yelena on the ground looking through all the songs together.

The others started to slowly have separate conversations and some stood up to get some drinks.

I was talking to Natasha when she pointed at the playstation that was standing by the tv. "You know what this means." Natasha smirked. "ohh I'm gonna kick your ass." I said as I stood up and started the playstation.

Nat and I started playing games against each other and people slowly started to come back and watch as we play or just sit with us as they had their own conversations.

I was so focused on the game that I didn't notice Kate had left her spot, Normally I'd be gazing at her 24/7 but I guess my competitiveness was a good distraction.

Everyone was focused on the game or themselves as I felt a hot breath behind my ear. "outside, now."

A shiver went down my body as I looked up to Kate winking and walking to the backyard.

I needed a minute to ground myself before handing the controller over to Peter who gladly took it and walked outside.

The second I stepped outside I felt a cold wind against my skin. It was dark and you could see all the stars in the night.

Kate was sitting around the corner on the couch looking through her phone. When she heard my footsteps she looked up and smiled, putting her phone away.

"hi."

"hi."

I walked over to her and sat besides her. "the stars are so beautiful right now." I whispered looking up.

"Right?, I thought it was sad no one was appreciating them now the sky is so clear." Kate scooted a little closer to me our hands almost touching.

There was a comfortable silence as we looked at the stars, every second our hands getting a little closer to each other.

After a few minutes I couldn't take it anymore, I reached my pinky out and grabbed Kate's pinky. I couldn't see her face as we both looked up but I could feel her smiling. Kate then grabbed my whole hand intertwining our fingers.

I felt much more comfortable and relieved now that I held her hand, just touching her made me feel safe and like everything was going to be okay.

We stared at the stars, holding hands, for a few minutes when Kate squeezed my hand and turned to look at me. "You know..." She whispered softly staring into my eyes. "You look really hot when you're gaming." My heart rate picked up immediately and I felt that I was blushing.

I didn't know what to respond to that. There was a silence as we just looked each other in the eyes. "Thank y-" before I could finish my sentences Kate grabbed the back of my neck with her other hand and softly pulled me towards her.

Our lips connected and it felt like fireworks exploded around me. I deepened the kiss leaning further into her, I wanted the kiss to never end. But after a few seconds we broke the kiss and leant back.

Kate still had her hand on my neck as she had a big smile on her face. Probably not as big as mine because I could feel it hurt.

"No. thank You." Kate finally said.

I rolled my eyes and smiled as I pulled her closer again, our lips reconnecting.