Outcast

You saw a lake up ahead. You were lost in the woods, and you think you'll never be able to go back home. you had tried retracing your steps. But it took you nowhere. It's like the place you came from never existed. You ran up towards the lake, not knowing where you even are. You just wanted to go somewhere that's not the woods. There was a dock there. You went up to it and sat at the edge. You took off your shoes and dipped your feet in the refreshing water. Pretty sure there were fish living in it, but you didn't care. You closed your eyes, taking in breaths of relief. You finally get to relax, after running in the woods after what felt like years.

"Oi. Who are you and what're you doing in my lake." you heard a raspy voice behind you. You turned around to see a... fish? With a human body....standing behind you. Strange. "Uh.... I'm sorry, I didn't know this lake belonged to someone. I just got lost in the woods and wanted to find some place to cool off. I can leave if you like." you said. "It's fine just stay." he said and sat next to you. You smiled at him and looked forward once more. It was silent for a few seconds. Then he broke it. "So what's your name? I'm Felix the fish." he introduced himself. Ah, so he is a fish. "I'm y/n. Nice to meet you Felix!" you said happily. He looked at you with a judgemental face. "You're too happy." he said and looked down at the water. Eh? What was that about? "What do you mean?" you asked, curious. "It's nothing." he muttered. You looked at him sadly. "Where did you come from anyways?" Felix asked you. "Oh, I honestly have no idea, I did come from somewhere, but once I got lost I just kinda forgot. Its pretty wierd." you told him. "This place is wierd, I agree honestly. I don't get much company around here." Felix said and looked back at you. "Oh? Do you live here alone?" you wondered if there were others. "No. I live here with a bunch of others. I can bring you to meet them if you like. Maybe for once they'll be interested to talk to me." He muttered out the last part softly. But you definitely heard it. "Okay... thanks Felix!" you stood up and offered your hand. He hesitantly took it and you pulled him up. He let go of your hand and led you to a farm. It was such a big space, you were surprised you didn't see it when you were running all over the woods. There were some people...? on a picnic table. They looked towards our direction. They looked at Felix first, then all the gazes travelled to you. "Hey Felix! I see you brought a friend." the apple said. "Hey guys. This is y/n. My.... friend." he introduced. You felt flustered at the fact that he called you a friend, even though you just met him a few minutes ago. "Hello there, y/n! I'm Melody!" Melody, a moon, spoke. They all took their turns to introduce themselves. They all wanted to take you somewhere to do something together. But you couldn't choose who to hang out with. You looked behind you. Felix wasn't there. He wasn't anywhere around you. Huh? Where'd he go? "Sorry guys, maybe next time. I think I just want to take a rest." you apologised and moved off.

"Maybe for once they'll be interested to talk to me."

His words kept replaying in your head. What did he mean? You wanted to ask him, but you were afraid it was too personal. You spotted him on the dock again. Ah so he was here. "Felix? Are you alright? Why did you run off?" you asked and sat down next to him. "Sorry. I just felt like sitting down here again." he asked. You got a feeling he was lying. "What's really wrong Felix? Please tell the truth." you looked worriedly at him.
...
"My friends hate me. I mean, they probably do. They think I'm annoying. I always used to pull pranks on them. And they hated it, but I didn't actually think they would hate ME for that. I thought it was just a little joke. Now I think they don't want to talk to me anymore. Honestly I don't know. I don't know why I'm explaining this to you. I'm not supposed to tell anyone my feelings. I don't deserve your attention. Why are you still here... " he said.