Discoveries

"Are you sure?" Leaf looked at his father shocked and it seemedhe was not the only one since his mother was looking at her mate thesame way.

"Asda has a mate! What else is there to worry about?"

"A human mate," Leaf added and Asmodeus flinched looking at himalmost...betrayed? It was strange to see that on his younger sister'sface, to see any emotion on her face. Especially something sostrong.

"Leaf," she hissed softly and he held his hands out in aplacating gesture.

"I don't mean it badly Asda, you know that," he assured, eventhough it seemed she did not. "Just that you will have to gocarefully, he is not like us, you need to be gentle with him, heisn't a native so he might not even know of us," he pointed out andif he didn't know better he would say the blue stripe garter naga waspouting. It would be adorable if it wasn't so strange to see her likethat, she had never once pouted. Until then, he knew that having amate was a life changing experience, he still remembered his lifebefore Basil and he had found Gorgon and after. Still seeing how thepreviously numb Asmodeus was acting now was amazing.

Even though she was now far too old to be pouting, and well past theage when it would look cute but...seeing their youngest of the familydoing that for the first time..while not 'cute' there was somethingapproaching that.

"Leaf is right, Asmodeus," their mother agreed but she lookedrelieved, like the weight of the world was taken from her shoulders."Rest for tonight, sleep on how you want to approach him, you knowthe entire family will help you." It was rare for their species tokeep so close, of course their would be mates and any young they hadbut once they were off on their own they didn't go back, nothingbeyond hunting.

But the redheaded naga was a special case keeping them all closedespite how odd it was. It probably wouldn't change now, and theyknew she'd need help with her human mate.

And really...was it so bad? Sure it was unusual, they were known asbeing the freaks among the other nagas on the island, even if all whohad young understood it to a certain extent. And of course it helpedto have family to rely on. Like how Basil, Gorgon and Oak were all athome watching over the young, Gorgon had wanted to go but consideringhow close she is to laying the egg she had to stay back, and ofcourse Basil stayed back, the twins could not handle not having atleast one with her now as she was almost ready to pop and Oak to helpout as well. Still this was probably overkill, Leaf had a feelingthat it was likely that his siblings, while they wanted to helpAsmodeus, also wanted to see her showing emotion.

- - - - -

Name wrote meticulous details about the bright flower he saw, he hadbrought the charcoal to sketch out the flower and wished that he hadsome way to do colors, he went into deep description, thinking forlong enough his foot fell asleep as he described what colors it was.He gritted his teeth as he dealt with the pins and needles feeling ashe began to move on.

He smiled gently as he went over the last bit, using a piece ofleftover bread from last night's dinner, he traded some fruits fromhome, a brand of Seville oranges, they were bitter and though he hadmade sure they understood that they were happy to trade some breadand stew of some kind for it, it was to help him keep from gettingscurvy. Even though the fruit was not too enjoyable, the islandersliked to have it for the novelty.