Academy Queen

"You've got to be kidding me," came Amia's voice from behind.

"No, Amia! She is queen. The whole Werewolf Academy is crazy about it, but the teachers' council has picked her as the Academy Queen. You know that their word is final once said."

"But Nala is my best friend!" cried Amia. "And she never told me!"

"Well, I don't know. A queen has many responsibilities, you know. Maybe she's busy, you never know."

"Oh well, our friendship won't stay the same, then," replied Amia with a disappointed sigh.

"Dean Amia!" came a graceful voice from the doorway, that belonged to Nala - now, Queen Narlaphine.

"Dean?" replied a puzzled Amia. "Who's the Dean, by the by, I nearly forgot to ask?"

"You," said Nala, nonchalantly. "Amia Grey Realms, henceforth, you are Dean to the Queen of the Academy, Narlaphine Silver Realms. The proclamation will be made in the school hall soon, so, I command you to come over. The duties of Queen and Dean must be ours, and thus all friendship be forgotten awhile."

A small werewolf came running up to them. Nala looked back to see who it was, and as she did that, her eyes welled up, and a tear slid down her face.

"Embers!" she cried, quite forgetting the duties she had told of to her Dean.

Embers whimpered, and transformed to a human ghost. He had a jacket and jeans on even as werewolf. He was the eldest brother to Nala, and had died, not even he knew how, eleven years ago, before he could finish off a duty he had promised. Hence, he was bound as a ghost till someone helped him to fulfil his promised duty. But being a ghost, he had forgotten a lot of his human memories, unfortunately including that of what his duty was. Therefore, he was to be a ghost till, as the law of his ghostly state said, some family of his made a promise as big as his and fulfilled its duties for his or her whole life. 

This was what Narlaphine was trying to do. Being his sister, and the only one selfless enough to devote her whole life to fulfilling any one big promise only to release her imprisoned brother from the ghostly states to heaven, she had promised that she would devote her whole life to serving the werewolves loyally and protecting them from any danger, being the only heir to the earlier Alpha, one of which was becoming the Queen of her academy.

She was hungry for revenge.