"I Rule The School"

"Excuse me, Queen!" "Esmeralda, it's 'Your Highness', not just 'Queen'! That's rude," Ebony, her twin sister explained for the zillionth time exasperatedly.

Esmeralda, the other ten-year-old twin, cleared her throat and yelled, "Excuse me, Your Queerness!"

Narlaphine turned with regal grace and pride, such as that of a tigress ruling a huge terrain. Ebony had turned pink in embarrassment. "Pardon her, Your Royal Grace, Most Revered Queen of the Werewolf Academy. I had told her to say 'Your Highness', but I believe she mixed it up a little with 'Queen'. I humbly request you to pardon her folly, Your Majesty."

Nala couldn't help but smile kind-heartedly at Ebony's sweet childishness. "Of course, Princess." At the Werewolf Academy, every student was addressed as 'Prince' or 'Princess'. 

"There's nothing wrong at all with that. Any of you may call me as you wish - provided, of course, I know that it's a reference to me." Ebony felt a surge of relief wash away her fears.

Nala could be very gentle and kind, and was often underestimated and seen as 'bossy', because most people only knew her as the Queen, the daughter of the late Alpha and the revengeful sister of Embers, her dead brother, and who had taken a lifelong pledge to serve the werewolves to free him from bondage. But she was, at times, indeed headstrong and rather irrationally unforgiving.

"Th-thank you, Your Most Kind Highness," Ebony stammered gratefully. Then Esmeralda piped up, "Queen! I wanted to tell you something."

"Yes, Princess?" Nala said, ignoring Ebony's exasperated murmurs to herself ("I just told her not to say 'Queen' - she seriously has a goldfish memory!").

"Queen, this morning the Dean, Miss Grey Realms, took our class on a short tour to show us the different kinds of plant species in the Werewolf Kingdom. It was still dark when we began, and when we reached, almost dawn."

"And so?"

"And - we saw a dim light. I, Ebony, Faye, Jaci and Cliff. We were on guard, one each, outside the doors of the five small tents where all the other students slept. We were all very tired and worn out from walking, you know, and the younger students of the class especially wanted to rest awhile. So, everyone except us five guards slept for half an hour or so inside the tents."

"And so?"

"And so, we saw this little bird that screeched and shot past us, and it injured both Jaci and Faye, the guards of the first two tents, and Cliff and we both narrowly ducked and saved ourselves. As Queen, I hope you will heed our plea and protect us by banishing this dangerous creature from the forest, so that it is free to roam again."

Nala sighed deeply at the words, "protect us". "It is my duty, and you needn't worry, for I will fulfil it."

She howled once, long and clear. Her army assembled just behind the twins.

"Be prepared for attack," she declared.