Night Changes

Warnings: Mentions of blood, rough making out
Genre: Damon!AU, Damon x Reader, little angst, Damon one shot imagine
Words Count: 1.3k approx

A/N: This is my first upload so please be generous with your comments and honest feedback is always welcomed. Hope you guys like it, Happy reading!!

It was nearly midnight, and you were returning from the hospital after treating an emergency case. Being a doctor came with all the challenges you can ever imagine; late night duty calls, irregular sleeping hours, and of course no time for yourself.

You found comfort as you looked up while driving your car at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity and the pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky. Convertible cars had their perks.

The roads were empty as you were driving through the woods. Unexpectedly your car stopped. You tried everything you could but honestly, you were not good at this arena of cars, and to add to the struggles there was extraordinarily little light so couldn't see anything.

Your innumerable efforts bore no fruits and you decided to walk home and pick your car up in the morning with a mechanic. You picked up your phone to call 911 to inform them about your car and you suddenly heard a sound from the bushes. You thought to yourself that it must be an animal going around in the woods but to your surprise, a man appeared from the woods. Without giving it a thought, you instantly thought of asking for help from him although he was a stranger lurking in the woods at this time who could potentially be a serial killer. You asked him "Hey! could you please help me with my car, it doesn't seem to start. I have tried everything I know. Could you look at it?"

"Yeah, sure!" the man replied.

He tried to ignite the engine with the keys, and you said, "Tried that a

million times, but it won't start."

"Then let's look at the engine, sexy car by the way" the man commented and added, "Gotta say you have a fine taste in cars."

"Well, I have a fine taste in men too" you replied.

The man couldn't say anything but smirk. He approached the bonnet of the car to check the engine and meanwhile you thought to yourself that you just flirted with a man trying to help you. Well, you were not that type but it wasn't your fault that this man was undeniably hot.

He wore a pair of denim jeans and a black V-neck t-shirt which perfectly hugged his body flaunting his toned arms and revealing the best part of his chest.

"Do you have some cloth? I want to wipe off the dust from the engine."He asked.

"No, not really," you replied.

The man said "No problem" while taking his shirt off.

This man was trying to fix your car and kill you at the same time. You could not even handle him all clothed and now there he was standing in front of you shirtless fixing your car. All you were doing was helping him with light and staring at his flawless body.

You were lost in the maze of his insanely perfect abs and then the snaps which lead you to come to reality. He smirks and says, "If you're done checking me out, feel free to check

your car."

Your face turned red as you blushed hard.

"Let's get this baby working," said the man gesturing towards the driving seat.

You approached the driving seat and tried to start the car. Finally, someone's efforts worked, and your car was ready to go.

"Thank you so much, Mr. ...."

"Damon. Damon Salvatore." The man stretched his arm for a handshake.

"Dr. Y/L/N. Y/N Y/L/N," you said by shaking his hand.

Damon was walking away, and you called him "Damon! would you like a ride home?" He agreed and jumped in the passenger seat.

The ride was going silently until Damon shot a question at you, "What were you doing out at this bewitching hour of the night?"

"Well, I could ask you the same question, Mr. Salvatore."

"You can but then who would have helped you If I weren't there?"

You sighed and said "Fair enough. You see I am a doctor; it was a duty call. Now you tell me?"

"Nothing just wandering around"

You just noticed something and asked, "Did you just say bewitching hour>

Why would you say that?" "Well, you know vampires and all"

"I don't believe in all that stuff you see."

Damon did not say anything about that any further and changed the topic saying "You know, you should know how to take care of your car. Maintenance is important." You replied, "I know, but I am not good at this maintenance stuff. You know what we could do, you could give me your number so whenever my car needs maintenance, I'll call you."

Damon smiled and said, "you're good at this."

You looked at him innocently and asked, "At what?"

"Flirting, doctor."

"Well, I am good at some other stuff too" you stopped the car in front of his house. Damon stares deeply into your eyes and crashed his lips onto yours.

You readily allowed his tongue to enter your mouth and both of your tongues were fighting for dominance.

This is what not getting laid for a long time does to you. Leaves you with nothing but desperation.

You both started making out, his hands gripped onto your waist tightly holding you close, and your hands traced his perfect body.

You broke the kiss to regain your breath. You were panting as if you ran miles in one go.

"Can I bite you?" Damon whined asking for consent in desperation. You simply nod as kinky bites were always a green flag for you. As his teeth dig into your skin a mixture of pain and pleasure hit you eventually turning into pleasure.

You started moaning and as his teeth dug deeper you could feel his fangs, it did not take you long enough to realize that it wasn't any other sexual bite.

It was a vampire bite, and he was feeding from you. All these years you fought with all the people who were the 'believers'. Debating, arguing, all gone in vain. The night changed into something else.

You wail in pain "Damon stop, you're hurting me."

Damon didn't stop until you push him away with your arms. You were surprised at the sight in front of you. His face was covered with blue-black veins and his eyes looked dangerous. This was not the man you were trying to flirt with. Realizing that you were losing your consciousness Damon bites his wrist and feeds you

with his blood.

As he fed you his blood you gained consciousness, and the pain was going away eventually. The bite marks were slowly healing. All these years of your medical experience felt useless at this time.

As you recovered you started at Damon with teary and confused eyes trying to say something. But before you could say anything Damon stared deeply into your eyes, and you saw his pupils dilating. He said "You will not remember any of this. All you'll remember is that you dropped me off here and drove straight to your home." Damon shut his eyes to break the eye contact, as he shut his eyes a tear rolled down from his eye to his cheek. He felt bad for hurting you this way.

Damon kissed your forehead and said, "I am so sorry Y/N, you do not deserve this you're a good person." and in a blink of an eye, he disappeared. You drove your car back home, something felt different, but you had no idea about it.

All you hoped for was to see Mr. Damon Salvatore again to continue the flirting game.

A/N: Thank you!!!