—— Prologue

My light feet steps puttered off the echoing walls.

I rushed to the dining hall, I can't be late to dinner after Haruhi's coronation...

I turned the corner of our long hallway hastily, and pushed open the door that took up the rest of the hallway. It creaked open, as I peered through I noticed my clans eyes on me.

I stepped in and let the door close behind me. They stared at me blankly, some with confusion some with irritation. I ducked my head and bowed deeply.

"I'm sorry for being late." After that apology I need to sit down.

The room had a long table in the middle surrounded by by pillows to sit on while you dined. I found my place next to my sister. I scanned over the food filled table, our formally placed cutlery hadn't been touched. They were waiting for me.

Life was complete for us, we're talented and Haruhi being crowned the successor so early in life can only bring us more benefits. The ideal age was 18, but Haruhi met all the criteria at 16. Our life was meant to be perfect, no matter what, we lived trying to be perfect. We enjoyed our perfect imperfect life.

I sighed quietly. My clan was no longer the strongest and largest clan in Takumi, we'd been hunted down. There was no need for us to act prim, however that's the only way we've lived. Sitting across from me was my grandparents, my uncle, on my side; my sister Haruhi, and my parents.

With our perfectly balanced life we forgot about the raging war in the shinobi world.

The whole ground shook, we heard screams of the villagers through the thick walls of our estate. Everyone rushed to stand up and leave the dinning hall. We dashed through our ancestral halls and passed pictures that had fallen from the shock.

We entered the foyer where my father ran to the door. "Wait we don't know what's out there." My mother's voice was panicked and urgent as she warned my father not to open the door.

He shooed her worry away, as he swung open the door. A moment of silence passed.

Then an arrow shot straight into his neck. I let out a blood curdling scream, my mother rushed to his side. Me and Haruhi fell to our knees. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight.

We heard an explosion and more screams. My mother stood by the open door. I wanted to scream for her to move but my voice was quiet.

A insane light lit up the sky, my skin burned and debris flew into our home through the door. The insane pressure threw us back.

I saw my clans bodies fly into the walls of our home. My back hit the wall shooting a shock of pain though my chest.

I plopped to the ground clutching my stomach.

My lungs ached, it felt like I couldn't breathe.
Haruhi rushed to my side. "Enyo?! Are you okay?!"

I shook my head and she sat me up and looked me in my eyes. "Deep breaths." I tried my hardest to copy her patterns of causing my chest to rise and fall.

Soon I was able to breath again and the shock of what happened wore off. I looked back up to my sister. How had she been thrown into the wall without this same effect?