𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

❝oh, who is he?❞°✦

❝oh, who is he?❞
°✦.° ( can't pretend — act one ) °✦.°
『 chapter one 』
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Christopher's feet carry beneath him, as he sprints through the high, narrow corridors of what he knows as the maze. He breathes in through his nose and out through his mouth, keeping a steady breathing rate so he doesn't over push himself and give out. Not far behind him is the man of his dreams and one of his best friends – the three, along with a few others, are assigned to map out the maze that traps them in the glade, and try to find a way out. He makes a quick left, nearly slipping on his own boots, gently laughing at the two boys behind him as their pants start to heave.

For only a few seconds – Christopher won't let the two boys take anymore breaks since they've already taken one too many – Ben digs the heels of his feet into the cobbled floor, and leans against the ivy covered wall, knowing the curly haired boy will allow him to do so. He has to be the one who initiates the break, for if Minho tried to, he would only get a scolding, told to suck it up and pick up the pace.

Just as the blonde predicted, Christopher caves, and allows the three to take a tiny break – no longer than a few minutes or else it'll end poorly for them. The friends exchange only a few words, mainly choosing to stay silent so they can catch their breath, and give their aching limbs a break.

Forty-five seconds later, Christopher pushes himself off the ground, and turns to continue the run they have to complete before a specific time. He hears no footsteps following behind him, so, while walking backwards he just barely tilts his head and gives a stern look; and with that, the two boys push themselves back up and fall into line, continuing their journey.

Per-usual, while running, Ben speaks through his heavy exhales, and makes conversation with the two – Minho is the only one who replies back, since Christopher prefers to listen to the boy's comforting voice rather than have his own words and thoughts ruin the calmness. Only when he sputters or speaks too quickly, does the boy have to wipe his mouth free of the saliva forming, and rub it onto his jeans; every time he does so, Christopher quietly chuckles to himself, having to hide his smile or else the blonde will become self conscious.

Doing as they're told, the blonde and korean boy's pick up their pace to keep in line with the curly headed boy who obviously has more stamina than the two. Just like every other day of their lives they try not to push themselves too far, for it can cause an injury on their limbs which would only affect everyone in the glade. Finally, after running all day long, it's only when the grassy field comes into view, do they slow their pace into a light jog; hiding the fact that they want to collapse the moment their feet touch the green ground.

Once again, as they do on a daily basis, the two boys – Minho and Ben – purposely pick up their pace and pass up Christopher who has now steadily slowed down to a light jog. Off in the distance, farther in the open field they call their home, they see the large group of boys, who they now consider family, spread out, hard at work, doing what they always do to help keep the Glade a working and functional system. But something out of the ordinary catches the curly headed boy's eyes. Only meters away from the front entrance of the maze stands two people, only one of the two he recognizes while the other remains a mystery.