chapter 81

Year 5.

Clementines pov.

"Alohomora" Harry said, flicking his wand around to un lock the door to Umbridges office.
i dreaded her office, it gave me the chills.
everything in there gave me a headache, everything tinted pink in a way, even just full on pink.
the walls covered in cats all meowing, their cute little faces screaming for help i felt so terrible.

the lock had fell and we wasted no time with inviting ourselves inside.
all the kittens chirping at us, i frowned looking at all of them, quickly becoming distracted on what our mission really was.

they all walked over to the fire place, Ron grabbing my arm pulling me over to them.

"Alert the Order if you can" Harry spoke breathlessly.
"are you mental? we're going with you" Ron said.
"yeah"
"it's too dangerous" Harry said. staring me in the eyes.
"when are you going to get it into your head? we're in this together" Hermione spoke.

"that you are." a voice piped up from behind us, my body freezing, everything going wrong in this very moment, we all jerked around, i grabbed onto Harries arm out of instinct, almost pulling him in front of myself, using him as a shield in a way, i could see his hand gripping tighter around his wand, i wanted to pull my hair out at the suspense.

-

"caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." Draco said, pulling in Neville with his tight grip, i felt horrible, staring at Harry in the chair.
Umbridge staring down at him with her docile eyes.

he brought Neville over to all of us who stood watching behind Umbridges desk.
i gave Draco a glare, sending daggers through his heart at this point, i couldn't believe him trying to make a move with my friend after everything, all his wrong doings.
but what can i say, we all knew Draco was never a good person.

Umbridge leaned down to take a good look at Harry, i wanted to pipe up, do something, try to take the blame, but i knew i wasn't brave enough for that.

"you were going to Dumbledore weren't you?" Said Umbridge.
"no." Harry spoke quietly.
"liar!"
in a flash Umbridge raised her hand to slap Harry across the face, my blood was boiling, my hand clenching.
we all knew Professors weren't allowed physical abuse to students, thats what made everyone so shocked, the only thing that made sense was that it was Umbridge.

"you sent for me, headmistress?" Snape spoke up, standing in the door way.
Umbridge perked up real fast.
"Snape. yes. the time has come for answers whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?" she smiled.
"i'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students. the last of it on Miss Chang" my eyes darted to see Harries reaction.
i was still insecure compared to her, i didn't tell Harry about it because well, he would probably debunk it and call me an idiot for thinking that way, but maybe he did still have feelings for her, at least that's what my brain tells me to think.. but it wasn't the time for my insecurities to shine right now, my thoughts are just racing.

Harry looked around at us, i looked away, not wanting to make eye contact.
"Unless you wish to poison him and i assure you. i would have the greatest sympathy if you did. i cannot help you." Snape spoke, a sigh of relief exited mouth for a second, just the slightest relief at the fact Harry wasn't going to spill everything, at least... not yet?

i could see Umbridges body language change.
Snape turned around, going to exit the room before Harry spoke up.
"He's got Padfoot."
Snape stopped.
"He- He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden." Harries voice shaky.
"Padfoot, what is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? what is he talking, Snape?" God she annoyed me, all her questioning.

Snape turned.
"no idea." Snape left.
"Very well.... you give me no choice, Potter" Umbridge sighed.
"as this is an issue of Ministry security you leave me with... no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."
"that illegal." Hermione said, my anxiety has just risen, i didn't know what to do.
"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him." she smiled, pushing down the portrait of his face.
everyone anxiously adjusted.
"you can't do this!" i exclaimed, she looked at me shaking her head.
"i can." she smiled, her perky voice ringing in my ears i wanted to break free from this restraint and tackle her down to the ground.

i looked at Harry who was clearly hoping in his head that he would be okay, probably working out a plan or something.
she held her wand at him.

Hermione bursted out loud.
"Tell her Harry!" she shouted, everyone's head whipping around to look at her.
my eyebrows furrowed, what the hell was she on about.
"tell me what?" Umbridge jerked her head.
"well... if you won't tell her where it is... i will"
everyone had gone silent, i tried to hide my confusion in case this was a secret plan going on, or Hermione was just out of her bloody mind, or maybe they were hiding something from me.

"where what is?" Umbridge questioned.
"Dumbledores secret weapon." Hermione blurted out.
I looked at Ron who looked at me, we quickly broke eye contact before anyone could've caught our suspicious looks.

she lowered her wand, looking to Harry.
Harry clearly trying to hide his confusion, but the fear radiating off of him covered it pretty well.
"you are going to show me where this 'weapon is'... right now" she demanded, her voice raising.

-

Umbridge had soon taken Hermione and Harry with her so they could show her "Dumbledores secret weapon"
Hermione was quick with thinking, and she did convince Umbridge pretty good because she seemed curious and stern about it all.
al though, we were all still kept in Umbridges office.

keeping watch over us were her little minions.
i tried to have conversation with Ron from across the room, but every now and then they would get mad at our "yapping" as they called it.

i would give Draco the death stare any time he paced the room anywhere near me.
he tried drilling us with questions like why i would want to associate myself with Harry Potter, or why we would go against the wishes of Umbridges (Cruel) teachings, it didn't matter to me because i knew we weren't the ones in the wrong.

1108 words.

10/1/2022