Prologue: Pervases's Disciple

[...how Liyue has changed since a thousand years ago.]

Pervases was a junior Yaksha that died during the Archon War. He gave his life to fight for his Archon, Rex Lapis.

Due to mysterious means, his soul has stayed in a statue that was made for him to praise him for his efforts. He doesn't know why, but he feels it has to do something with his will but can't figure it out...

One day, in his 1000+ years of living, he met a young child who looked at him (his statue) with a gaze of curiosity.

[Hello there, young child, are you here for something?] Pervases said with a slight laugh as he was sure that the child didn't hear him-

"Hello there, mister?" The child tilted his head at him as Pervases stopped his laughing as he 'looked' at the child in surprise.

[You can hear me?]

"Of course, I can."

Pervases went silent as the child started to ask questions.

"Who are you?"

Pervases took this chance to humor him and to let out a sigh, he hadn't talked to a person in a millennium.

[I'm Copper Sparrow, Pervases. A Yaksha from the past.]

"Well, I'm Lie (Lee-ay). But you can call me Lee if you want to pronounce it easier." The child asked as his eyes became sparkles.

"Wow! A yaksha?! Do you mean those people who fought in the Archon War?! Cool!"

The child started mumbling more about fighting, martial arts, magic, the use of Visions, and so on.

"Ah, I'm sorry for rambling on, it's just that I never thought I would get to meet one in person." The child said as he added a sentence that intrigued Pervases.

"There's this person called the Vigilant Yaksha, Conqueror of something..." Lie scratched his head as he tried to remember.

A few minutes of trying to remember.

"Gah! I just know that his name is Xiao. That guy is really scary and he doesn't really answer questions, so I don't want to approach him."

This made Pervases laugh and Lie confused as to why he was doing so.

[He has always been like that, seems like things haven't changed in a thousand years...]

A sad thought went through Pervases's head as he thinks about the burden Xiao was holding due to the "Karma" that he has accumulated from slaying evil.

"So uh, Sir Pervases, can you tell me all about yourself and your story? I haven't found many books that accurately depict what happened..." Lie said as Pervases 'smiled'.

[Since you made me laugh, I guess I'll tell you.]

"Really?! Yay!"

[I was once a...}

________________________________________________________________________________

[...and that's how I died and ended up here.]

"..."

Lie was amazed by Pervases's story the Yaksha proceeded to ask his question.

[How about you, Lie. It's quite late now, shouldn't you return home? Your parents should be-]

"I don't have a place to return to."

Pervases was startled by the fast and blunt answer and quickly tried to apologize.

"Nah, it's not your fault, Sir Pervases. You shouldn't apologize. Plus, they aren't dead, it's just..."

[It's just?]