Chapter 1: Saying Our Goodbyes

"...are you sure that this isn't too much?"

[If you're planning to impress someone, fix your looks first.] Pervases, who was in his small statue, told him.

Lie sighed as he gave up on arguing with his master on this topic. 

At the back of his attire was the symbol of Guizhong

He was very thankful for it but he was very distraught by the fact that it was from Zhongli's important person but was met by refusal. The words that Zhongli told him made him stop giving it back.

"I'm sure that she would have loved to see someone who is wearing one of the clothes she made herself. I can imagine..." Zhongli started reminiscing about the times he had with the Goddess of Dust with a melancholic smile.

What made him seal the deal was the eye-opening scene that made his jaw drop.

The Goddess of Dust's spiritual form hugged Zhongli from behind. While she did that, she winked at Lie and then continued to hug the man.

'Was I seeing things back then? Or I might have been in the world of the dead for too long...'

The image of Hu Tao laughing menacingly as she locked the "door" to the realm of the dead for a whole DAMN MONTH before opening it again. Though, she did cause a problem as it also locked away the ghosts from entering the realm of the dead to 'rest in peace', causing Wuwang Hill to be filled with 'weird energy' that even the Liyue Qixing had to be involved.

"I have to thank Chongyun for helping..."

[About what?]

"Nothing much. Anyway, I think I look good enough right?" 

Pervases nods as he imagined him fighting a Primo Geovishap...

...then remembers he has bamboo as a weapon.

"Hey, I know that face you're making! Don't judge my choice of weaponry."  

[Yes, yes. Now, time to go to your legal advisor for the papers you need to get before you go to Sumeru City.]

With a nod, they set off to finish their business so that they could get to Sumeru City without any problems.

________________________________________________________________________________

A "young" girl was searching through a pile of papers looking for something.

This girl was, Yanfei.