971-985

Chapter 971 – You Only Have Yourself To Blame

...

...

...

Arousing interest was inevitable. Lin Ming didn't care about the eyes of these disciples and began listening to the lecture in peace.

He already expected that the disciples of Phoenix Hall would ask him questions, and the more notorious amongst them would have ideas of taking his Phoenix Blood Spear just like Huang Yuegong. Lin Ming didn't bother with them. He closed off his mind, refusing all of their true essence sound transmissions.

"This brat, I wanted to ask him about the details but who would've thought he'd be so decisive as to refuse all sound transmissions. It's impossible to speak to him."

"Fifth stage Life Destruction, that is the third lowest cultivation in our Phoenix Hall. Besides a Revolving Core disciple called Huo Shaoyan and a second stage Life Destruction martial artist from the Xiao Family Clan, the lowest would be him. Let's wait and take a good look at just what ability he has. Although the Saint Artifact Pavilion's artifact spirit is known for having ruthless judgment, I don't believe that it could accurately see through the secrets of heaven to predict the growth of talent with so many variables as well as look at one's potential. Well, at least not every time. If Lin Ming's strength is found to be inferior, it'll be a good show when he is expelled."

The disciples discussed amongst themselves. Geniuses tended to have arrogant and haughty personalities. Of those that could enter Phoenix Hall, which of them weren't among the most outstanding young elites of Phoenix Cry Palace? Of these people, ignoring those with magnificent family backgrounds, they were all the center of existence since their childhoods. There were those that came from small family clans and common mortal origins that were a bit worse, but they were still chosen from the hundreds of millions of Ancient Phoenix clansmen in Phoenix Cry Palace. They got to where they were know by successively emerging as victor through intense series of competitions. They were the chosen amongst all the chosen prides of the heavens, so whom of them would acknowledge they were inferior to others?

Now, the Saint Artifact Pavilion's artifact spirit had recognized that a martial artist from the lower realms, who was younger than them, had a talent that surpassed their own. The artifact spirit had even given him the Phoenix Blood Spear that had been unmoved for 36 years. How could they be convinced about this?

Who was strong and who was weak, one had to battle in order to truly find out. As a genius, one needed to have an unyielding mindset that never admitted to loss. If others said someone else was stronger and they didn't confirm this through battle, that genius would lose their proud heart and their future achievements would also diminish.

High above the lecture hall dais, Old Man Sun was lecturing without end.

Lin Ming didn't bother with the sound transmissions that the disciples were shooting his way. He was wholeheartedly listening to Old Man Sun's lecture instead. Although Old Man Sun didn't have any particularly good intentions toward him, the Fire Concepts and fire-attribute cultivation methods that he lectured on were quite mysterious and interesting. Even when he spoke of the most basic Fire Concept, the Concept of Burning Heat, Lin Ming was still able to derive a great number of truths from it. These truths contained profound principles. Lin Ming would be able to slowly mull over them later.

This lecture continued for six hours, all the way until the nine suns began setting in the sky. Old Man Sun said, "Very well, this lecture is over. You may all go back to your residences and meditate."

Old Man Sun floated away, leaving behind Lin Ming deep in thought. By listening to the lecture of a master, he was able to obtain many experiences that he couldn't from a jade slip. Old Man Sun had spoken a great deal about theorems and Lin Ming gained many inspirations.