sixteen

"GET YOUR OWN FUCKING FRIES I SWEAR TO FUCK, CHENLE."
Renjun swatted harshly at the younger boy, missing narrowly because Chenle had already dived into Jisung's arms upon stealing said fries. Jisung broke into fond laughter as he caught him, Chenle sticking his tongue out at Renjun for a moment before shoving most of the fries into his mouth. Before Renjun could grab the remaining ones, Chenle pushed them into Jisung's mouth, the younger boy choking slightly.
"Welp, now we know who's not the bottom of their relationship," Jeno said casually, Donghyuck scrunching his face in disgust.
Before Jeno could take a bite of his hot dog, Jaemin wacked the back of his head, sending the hot dog further down Jeno's throat than he had planned. He squeaked, choking slightly before he was promptly saved by the perpetrator, Jaemin yanking the hot dog out of his mouth in fear.

Jeno stared at the table in horror at the hot dog's attempt on his life. He blinked, coughing slightly as he recovered. He swallowed a little before letting out quite a harsh cough. He took a deep breath before slowly turning his head toward Jaemin as if he had just committed a war crime.
"You know, if I didn't know what you did last Saturday, I would've crushed your head like a fucking watermelon."
As Mark's head perked up, Jaemin narrowed his eyes at the boy beside him. "Yeah, let's see how good that would've been for you, huh," he sneered.
Donghyuck snorted as Mark blinked rapidly, not realising what the conversation was about. He probably just heard 'watermelon' and zoned back in from trying to push the table back.

Donghyuck looked down to his small container of un-eaten tteokbokki, eyeing everyone around the table before looking back down. He quickly placed his chopsticks on top of it and held the container and utensils just slightly off the table.
"I offer this food and utensils to the spirit of Lee Mark," he spoke quickly in a hushed tone, hoping no one could hear his slightly delusional self.
Mark's head suddenly shot up, looking immediately from Donghyuck to the container. He pointed at himself, Donghyuck giving him a sharp nod.

Mark looked back and forth, as if others could see him, before standing up. He leaned over the table awkwardly and took the spirited version of the food into his hands, Donghyuck still holding up the physical version.
"Thank you, Hyuck," he chuckled, opening up the small container and breaking the chopsticks apart from one another. 
Donghyuck laughed a little in response, "No problem."

It was quality timing for Donghyuck's little scheme it seemed as Renjun had gotten fed up and pushed himself out of his seat. He hopped over the bench and made his way around the other side of Donghyuck, not wanting to deal with Chenle anymore. 
"This close to snapping your neck," Renjun pointed at Chenle across Donghyuck, "and don't test me. I will do it."
Chenle stuck his tongue out at him once again. "You could try, but I'm younger than you and your haggard self, bitch-"
Jeno snorted as Chenle seemed to be cut off abruptly after being smothered by Jisung's sleeve, Donghyuck finally noticing that he had recovered from his choking-coughing fit. "Right cause we all know age determines how likely you are to survive death."
"Exactly, Mark hyung's old as hell. That's why he died first."

The table froze, Donghyuck snapping his mouth shut as soon as he realised what he had said. Mark stood up abruptly from his seat, staring at Donghyuck in shock. Both the boys were trying not to break into laughter as Jeno stared back at him with his jaw dropped.
"I am...so sorry. Oh my gosh," Donghyuck exhaled, trying to stifle the chuckles coming though his sentence. He covered his mouth, though the fact that he thought it was fucking hilarious could not be hidden from the evil glint in his eyes.
Mark swatted at his head, Donghyuck quickly ducking to avoid it. "You fucking asshole, I'm literally oNE YEAR OLDER THAN YOU!"
Donghyuck broke into fits of giggles as Jaemin face palmed. Renjun managed to actually smack the back of Donghyuck's head as Jisung just covered his head in shame.
"Okay, we get the situation, but seriously, Hyuck hyung, filter yourself," Chenle spoke calmly though very much still in shock.  

Slowly they all got over the absolute bullshit that was Donghyuck's mouth, breaking into small conversations. Donghyuck decided it was for the best if he just kept quiet, biting into a rice cake and trying to pay attention to someone's conversation.

That being said, it was so much easier to pay attention to Mark trying to figure out something quietly on his own. He gazed as Mark inspected the container his food was in, folding and unfolding part of the container with a curious look. Donghyuck broke into a fond smile, watching Mark unroll the edge of the container and then reroll it, seeing the container go back to normal quite easily. Mark looked back into the container, then underneath it with furrowed brows, his mouth slightly agape as he inspected it. Donghyuck sighed unconsciously, which earned a small flick on his thigh from Renjun.

Donghyuck snapped his sight to Renjun laughing at him. "What?"
Renjun shook his head with a cute smile, "Nothing, Hyuck. I'm just wondering how blind Mark was."
"How so?" Donghyuck furrowed his brows.
Renjun shook his head once again, going and poking Donghyuck's side teasingly, eliciting a short laugh from the younger. "Nothing. Just know that you're an idiot."
Donghyuck pouted, resting his head on Renjun's shoulder and wriggling a little to annoy him a bit. "That's very rude."
"It's the facts though, my dear dumbass."

Donghyuck darted his head over as he heard a short gasp, seeing that Jeno had suddenly smacked his own face with his chopsticks. Jaemin was staring back in slight concern with his hand over his mouth. Meanwhile, Jeno winced, slowly reaching up to his forehead and rubbing it. As he muttered about sauce and pain, he slowly stood up to go to the front of the cafeteria to get something or another.
As he made his way over, Donghyuck turned his head toward Jaemin. "See, this is why women say men ain't shit."
Jaemin snorted as Renjun moved his arm around Donghyuck's shoulders. "Damn, I thought it was cause of things like the objectification of women."
"You're a man," Donghyuck nodded up at him, "do you objectify women?"
Jaemin blinked at Donghyuck as if he were stupid, which he was. "Bitch, I'm gay, I'm here to objectify men."

Donghyuck and Renjun snorted as Jaemin looked past them to the front of the cafeteria. Donghyuck turned back himself, seeing Jeno and his collection of tissue, trying to get rid of the sauce stains on his uniform. He looked up, turning his head to see the three boy's looking back at him, giving them all a pretty eye smile back and wave. Donghyuck himself broke into a small smile before turning back to Jaemin, seeing the one of the most feared sons of a mafia family turn to mush.
"I'm so fucked," he mumbled as he gave a weak smile back before crumbling on to the table, contorting his face so strangely it made Donghyuck and Renjun break into into laughter.

The two hugged one another as they lost it, Donghyuck holding onto Renjun's shoulder as Jaemin made ridiculous faces in his misery, each face making Donghyuck's face turn more and more red. "He's so fucking weird." He mumbled before cracking up even more as Jaemin winced, twisting his face more obscurely.

He looked to Mark, seeing if he thought the shit Jaemin was doing was just as funny as he was thinking or if he was just going insane with the rest of them, Jisung and Chenle now laughing along with them. His face fell though as instead Mark just smiled half-heartedly, prodding at his food.
He stared at the apparition in confusion. Mark looked up at him for a moment, noticing him looking back and immediately looked back down, glancing over at Jaemin's stupid facial expression. He gave a light chuckle but didn't pay much attention afterwards.

He probably just thought that Jaemin wasn't as funny as he thought. Or, as Renjun said, maybe Donghyuck was just an idiot.