Finals coming up

"Good morning, guys." Louis greeted his class as he entered the classroom with quick steps and threw the door shut behind him. The class greeted him and as usual he tossed his bag on the table carelessly before he turned to his students. He looked through the rows until they were all silent.

It was difficult to handle them over the last few weeks because they were preparing for the finals and to say they were anxious was an understatement. Louis experienced this first hand because he had an irritable and nervous boy at home who was constantly freaking out.

"I know finals are coming up and before you freak out at me just mentioning it I want to make an announcement." He said and could literally see how his students were rejoicing at what he had just said. "As you all know, we have to get an average of at least seventy percent in the finals to win this prize and Mr. Walker is convinced that we can achieve this goal together." Louis began to explain and was looking forward to the students' reactions as he continued. "Some teachers and I have been talking for a few days about the graduation classes and we wanted to give you some incentive to get through the finals. We are organising a school trip for all of you for after the finals where you can celebrate your graduation in advance." As he had already guessed the class exploded in excitement and began cheering and already making plans.

"Guys!" Louis shouted to get their attention. "Let me talk first and then you can go crazy, okay? There are a few options. Either we go to Barcelona to the beach, to Prague to party or to Rome to go sightseeing. You will all receive a letter for your parents with all necessary information where you also have to mark where you want to go. We will go where majority wants to go, so choose wisely. The trip- as I already said- will be after finals and we'll be gone for a week. Now you can freak out." Louis smiled when he saw the excited faces of his students. They were talking loudly now to each other and Louis sat on the edge of his desk enjoying their happy faces.

"Mr. T, what teachers are going?" Shawn asked. Louis glanced at Harry quickly who was looking at him with wide eyes because he already had a feeling who was going to be there too. Louis felt bad, but it hadn't been his decision.

"Mr. Malik, Ms. Calder, Mr. Alvez and me of course." Louis said after a brief silence.

"I bet it was Calder's idea to go sightseeing." Anthony huffed from the front row and Louis pressed his lips together to keep from laughing, because firstly it was obvious that Anthony hated her guts and secondly he was right. It had really been Eleanor's idea. The people around him laughed at his remark and Louis rolled his eyes amused.

"I just pretend I didn't hear that, Anthony." He said and more laughter erupted.

"But it's the truth. Who wants to go sightseeing when we could go to the beach or partying instead?" Anthony retorted.

"I know, but maybe some students want to go and if not, we won't go aynway, so stop complaining." Louis smiled.

He handed out the letters and then they started with the actual lesson. They couldn't waste a study lesson just before the finals even though Louis could see that the class rather wanted to talk about the trip. Louis stayed longer after school to help some of the students who had questions or didn't understand a topic and when he was finally leaving school at half past five he was exhausted. His phone vibrated in his pocket as he was getting into the car. He pulled it out and saw that Lottie was calling him. He felt really bad because he hadn't seen her in forever because of the stress of exams and rehabilitation he had to go to twice a week. He threw his bag on the passenger seat and connected the call to the speaker.

"Hey, love. What's up?" He greeted her.

"Hi, Lou. What are you doing?" Lottie asked.

"I'm just driving home from school, why?" He sighed as he started the car.