one.

Happiness is astounding. It is not overrated or a lie, because when you're truly, wholly , genuinely happy, there is just nothing like it. This is what Steve Harrington thought every morning now. Happiness is amazing. He had struggled for a long time with being truly happy, with wondering if he was or if he was just alright with being miserable. He used to work so hard to be happy, it would come in small increments, never stay too long. But looking at her, being next to her, having her, holding her, knowing her....he now knew what happiness was. And he would never take it for granted.

"How much longer?" He asked, the boy trying not to move his mouth too much as he said it. Christine Wheeler let out a sigh, peeking her head around the side of her sketch pad. She tried to give him an irritated look but she couldn't even muster one, instead breaking into a sheepish smile and raising her eyebrows.

"Oh I've been done for like 20 minutes. I was just staring at you." Steve's smile fell, his mouth falling open as he looked at her with an exasperated look. Christine let out a laugh at his face, the boy watching her laugh and his lips immediately stretching into a grin.  He stood from his seat, making the short trip towards her and pulling her up from the chair. She laughed as he manhandled her, the girl pushing the sketch pad into her chest so he couldn't see it as he adjusted them. He sat in the chair now, planting her on his lap and pressing a sweet kiss to the skin on her neck. She laughed again, the girl covering her neck as he laughed back, his eyes glazed over as he watched her. His heart swelled with love, unabridged and serious, his eyes tracing over her face before he remembered what he had come over here for. It took him a moment to tear his eyes away from her smile, the crinkle of her eyes and the blush on her cheeks.

"Let me see it. Since you made me sit over there and pose for an hour." Steve fastened his arms around her waist, the boy leaning forwards and trying to look over her shoulder. She looked nervous to show him now, her smile faltering as she held the sketch pad as close to her body as she could. "Come on. Let me see."

"Fine." Christine pulled the book back, the girl suppressing a laugh  as he took in the image. His face fell again as he looked at the picture, the stick figure body of him sitting in a chair with big hair and a goofy smile. He looked between her and the picture, this causing the girl to break into hysterical laughter. She wrapped her arm around his neck, laughing louder as he started to become amused. He chuckled dryly, shaking his head and grabbing the sketch pad. He threw it to the side, shaking his head as he tightened his grip around her waist and pulled her closer. Christine smiled into the kiss that he gave her, the air in the room happy and humorous and relaxed.

Christine shifted on the chair, the girl turning around sitting on his lap facing him, not even giving him the chance to say anything about it before she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. Steve didn't protest, his hands gripping her hips as he held her in place. Christine fiddled with the ends of his hair at the back of his neck while they made out, the girl getting the overwhelming urge to run her fingers through his hair. She ran with it, pulling back and running a hand through his hair, her lips swollen and turned up into a grin as Steve kept his eyes closed, his mouth slightly open as he tried to come down from the intoxicating high of kissing Christine. His eyes fluttered open as her fingers left his hair, her hand dropping to his chest. She gave him a look, her fingers dropping to the bottom of his tucked t-shirt. She pulled at the fabric, wanting to untuck it so she could get her hands on him. They held a heated gaze as she pulled, and it took everything in Steve to grab her hand and pull it away. He wanted to of course, but they didn't have the time. She pouted as he pushed her up from his lap, the boy standing from the chair and smiling at her as she dropped down onto the bed in his room. She stared up at the ceiling as Steve pulled his Family Video vest on, the girl letting out a sigh as her gaze switched to Steve. He looked over at her, making his way towards her with his shoes and sitting on the bed beside where she was laying. He started pulling his shoes on, his leg touching her and making him feel better. Christine sighed one more time before she pushed herself up onto her knees, going behind him and wrapping her arms around him, her head going to his shoulder.