• 10

Third PoV

"Good Morning." Adriano smiles at Siena hours later when she finally walks into the kitchen.

He spent the last hours with his brothers, desperately aching for the moment he can see her again to make sure that she is alright.

All the conversations his brothers had did nothing but add even more to his already less than ideal mood. But being able to see his sister again, especially considering the years without her immediately lightens his mood.

It doesn't matter that she isn't excited to see him. It doesn't matter that she never looks happy when she's around them and it also doesn't matter that she always looks at them in that way whenever she thinks they don't notice.

The burned pictures and broken memories, thanks to her, also matter just as little as the rest.

For Adriano, only her existence is important. It's important that she's with them and not still in that dark cell in an abandoned building she spent days, weeks, maybe even months or years in.

She's here and with him.

It's all he could have ever asked for and so much more.

"Morning." Siena mumbles when she sits down at the table, putting her phone in the pocket of the sweatpants that look a lot like a pair from Luciano's closet.

At least he hasn't come home yet to see this.

But his twin has seen it.

"Where did you get them?" Dario seethes, causing Adriano to sigh.

While the act of burning the pictures hurt him, it pushed Dario over the edge.

It pushed him so far over the edge that he is in total support of whatever nonsense Luciano has been going on about with absolutely no chance to sway him back onto Adriano's side.

It's truly bittersweet in a way.

Two twin brothers that bonded over the loss of their little sister and fell apart over her return.

It's almost enough to make Adriano wish that she hadn't returned too.

He definitely loves his sister and missed her, but the cost of her return is almost too much for him.

But really, just almost.

"Luciano's closet." Siena answers.

"Why were you in his room?" Dario angrily asks, "and why did you take his sweatpants out of his closet?"

"Because I can." She shrugs.

"Leandro bought you enough sweatpants for yourself, so make sure to wear them instead of stealing our clothes." Dario grunts out, barely refraining from falling over the edge and confronting her with Luciano's thoughts and feelings.

It wouldn't be worth it, he muses and instead chooses to storm out of the kitchen. He even puts in extra effort to slam the door as hard as possible.

Just for the slim chance that the sudden, loud noise could scare Siena.

"I'm sorry," Adriano sighs as soon as the door is closed, "he doesn't mean that."

"Liar," Siena laughs, "he means every word that comes out of his mouth, Adriano."

For a moment, he's stunned into silence but quickly recovers, "he doesn't mean it. He's just confused and hurt and really angry. But he doesn't mean it."

"You're a horrible liar, Adriano." Siena continues to laugh, not the slightest bit faced by the excuses the brother makes up for his twin.

"Maybe you're just horrible at believing what Adriano tells you." Luciano interrupts their conversation, slamming the kitchen door shut behind him even with even more force than Dario minutes ago.