Chapter 4: Savior or Traitor?

After blowing his top on the villagers, Daichi stormed off to the clinic, Fubuki in tow. The child in his arms was gravely injured. He needed to treat his wounds immediately. The blood was still slowly draining out of the kid and was getting even paler by the minute.

Daichi's fellow townspeople were honestly scared, terrified even, they were shocked. The tone, the sheer anger, the pure rage in his voice—he even cursed and he would never use foul language. They hadn't seen Daichi act like that before. What had set him off?

"I-I think Daichi is right, that child helped us, he saved us from those bandits, we should be kind to him." A man said, some others nodded along, agreeing with him. The children started cheering, agreeing with the man.

"Yeah, he was all like swoosh and he blocked that huge axe like bam from hitting Karui! Hahahaha!" The child ran around, grinning ear to ear circling his friend Karui, who just looked annoyed at his friends sudden bout of energy.

"What are you talking about? He's going to betray us, I just know it! He's just like those Kaguya." A man yelled, spitting the clan name out of his mouth. Obviously against letting a kekkei genkai user stay in their village, even if temporarily.

"No," Atsuya spoke up, coming out from the crowd, "I know my husband. Daichi knows the child's name, he must have met him on the way back here from traveling. He's a good judge of character." She felt anger welding up inside of her, "Who do you think you are, judging him just because he has a bloodline before you even know him." Atsuya argued and left, headed to the clinic to help out, ignoring the ignorant yells of protest behind her.

The people who were on her side left along with her, leaving a quarter of them left. It seems as the white haired child's and her husband's words got through to them. Atsuya smiled, it was time for a change in the land of water.

Entering the clinics building, she saw her husband issuing orders to the people helping out, the people who were actually on his side and agreed with him. She couldn't help but smile. He hadn't been a shinobi for nothing, he was a natural leader.

She walked around the working people and went behind Daichi who was just finishing a talk with someone. "Daichi, dear, I'm going to help."

The sudden voice of his wife surprised him, "Atsuya!" Daichi spun around and engulfed her in a hug. "I'm so sorry, I just got so... so angry and I forgot to check if you were okay and overlooked-"

"Shh, it's okay, I understand. They were unreasonable for acting like that to..." She trailed off.

"His name is Fubuki, Fubuki Tatsumaki."

She realization dawned upon her looked surprised, no wonder why they looked so much alike. "Your friend's child?"

Daichi nodded, "He's a strong kid for sure." He looked down to Fubuki with a smile. He was lying down on a bed with a cooling pack on his head. Daichi hadn't gotten around to wrapping his wounds yet, he was busy issuing orders to the others. "After his parents died... He just disappeared without a trace."

"We wanted to take him in too..." Atsuya sighed and crossed her arms, looking down to the sleeping child that her husband saved. He was badly injured; they could tell from first glance that he went through a lot to protect them.

"I'll need you to help me with Fubuki, he's badly hurt."

Daichi held him upright carefully while Atsuya slowly undid the snow haired child's kimono. Fubuki already had bandages on beforehand, but they were cut up in places and were covered in both old and new blood. They slowly took the bandages off and Daichi gasped. Fubuki's back wounds were now in full view.