3

Anna

It's been 1 week since I had that talk with Kiara and all week I have been thinking about Matthew non- stop. 

Its making me mad.

Not really though. I think its making Kiara mad more than its making me mad.

I am in Math class and I hate math so i'm not really paying attention. But Sean is in that class so I can walk to my locker with him and gossip.

The bell rings and I walk out of the class with Sean. "Yoo whats up Anna banana!" Sean says, using my childhood nickname. 

"Watch it Shein," I say laughing at myself. Sean just glares but doesn't say anything.

I can feel him staring at me and I quickly turn towards him and say, "What do you want?"

He just laughs and starts, "Ok Anna if you really want to know," 

But I stop him. "Is it about your brother?" I ask almost dreading the answer so I continue, "If so I don't wanna talk about him" 

I sort of did wanna talk about him, but not with his brother, he could tell anyone such as Matthew.

Sean and I made our separate ways and I started toward my locker, thinking about Matthew.

What if he tells Matthew that I hate him? I don't, but still. What will happen then? 

I was so lost in thought that when someone bumped into me I didn't even notice.

"Oh i'm so sorry! I didn't see you and I was so lost in thou-," I started. 

I look up to see Matthew's nice smile and icy blue eyes. He seemed so familiar, the same 12 year old boy I had a huge crush on in Grade 6.

I feel my cheeks get very warm, either from the embarrassment of dropping my books or Matthews presence in front of me.

Matthew hands me my books, that he so kindly had picked up off the floor for me, and says, "Sorry, uh I didn't see you there." He laughs it off, putting his hand on the back of his neck.

"O-Oh, it's ok!" I stammer, feeling the butterflies fly around in my stomach.

As soon as Matthew leaves I hide my face in my locker as I try to stop smiling and try to calm my still red cheeks down.

***

Matthew

Ok, that was weird.

Anna was blushing? What the heck. She literally never liked me. 

I was the one who liked her... well in grade 6.

But why did that feel so weird? It felt like, we were in grade 6 again and she was still taller than me. 

But it also felt like we were so far apart like we never even knew each other. 

Sus.

As I made my way to my locker, I saw Sean turn the corner, probably on his way to Math. L

I walked over to him, wanting to talk about Anna. " Hey Sean, do you think Anna likes me?" 

" Bro, shes had a crush on you since grade 6, " Sean says like its a fact. 

" What? " I exclaim, " I thought- "

Sean doesn't wait for me to finish, " Bru whatever you thought was wrong because she literally told me herself. "

The bell rings and we both go to our classes but i'm still confused about Anna.

***

Anna

I knew it, I fucking knew it. I even had told myself in Grade 6 that I would always have a crush on him. I literally called it, so did Sean, so did Kiara.

I had a crush on Matthew James Cameron.

"So did you guys make out at all?" Kiara asks with a smirk on her face.

"NO Kiara, I already told you the story." I exclaim rudely.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I look at Kiara knowingly. "Come in!" I say.

Adalyn comes in with a huge smile on her face. "Did I hear Matthew and making out???" She exclaims looking way too excited.

"I did not make out with Matthew all I did was... well, I bumped into him in the hallway and he picked up my books for me!" I say.

Adalyn looked like she was about to explode, "OH MY GOSH ANNA YOU LIKE HIM!" she exclaims way to loud. "AHA  I KNEW IT!!"

"Sorry I just like knew that you and Matthew were destine! Also the way you talked about him in 6th grade! It was so cute." Adalyn says with so much excitement that I cant with her.

AYOOO WHATTT this was kind of predictable but whatevs it still slays.