Holidays, What To Do About It

A/N: I hope you guys like this, I am really nervous about this. I would love constructive criticism.

Caden still had a hard time wrapping his mind around that he became a dragon shifter, found out he was to be a mate to one of the other 8, started having a romance with Valerius, meet most of other dragon shifters, became mates with Valerius or at least official, meet Anwar, found out about the Behemoth, almost died, stopped it, and so much more in the span of a month. Though both Caden and Valerius waited for 3 months before they got married even though they are stuck with each other for the rest of their lives. Literally.

It has been 6 months since they had gotten married and 9 months since they met and this very different life started. The holidays were coming up and Caden at least wasn't sure what they were going to do, even if they were going to do anything. They celebrated The Eve and The Day which were the holidays of the Faith. The Eve was December 24th, and The Day is on the 25th taking after Christianity but with more traditions of Yule. Taking care of the Earth so the Spirits can enjoy it when they get the chance or already enjoy it. And getting a gift or 2 for the people you love. But since the Faith disbanded and with this new life and new people in their family, he wasn't sure there would be something or if he would like it if there was something to do.

Caden loved the holiday season, everyone getting ready for their respective holidays and doing everything with his family, putting the gifts in a pile in the living room and doing service for people in need. Getting seeds for the Spring where we can plant plants in honor of the holiday. He looked forward to it every year, and he knows damn well that most of the traditions they won't be able to do since he was now a king and his family part of the royale family and now Rose and Valerius are now part of it and he did not know if they would fit. Caden kept his thoughts to himself and even Valerius since everyone doesn't seem concerned about it so he left these thoughts in his head alone. Leaving his and Valerius' bed to go out on the balcony and just think about it, his thoughts not allowing him to sleep. It was one of those times right now.

Don't get Caden wrong he loves Valerius and Rose, and he loves they are now in his life and part of his family but it changes things, a lot of things. Even with his past boyfriends it changed nothing for either party, sure maybe they would do something with the other's family but it wouldn't shake anything for either family. Now everything changed, so quickly and they couldn't get used to it. So he most likely won't be able to have a normal and magical holiday season, which makes him sad. Sad for the past and not knowing that he won't be able to do those things again. Sad for that kind of joy that could only happen during the holiday season and getting for it all. Sad for the future and not being able to have those things again and enjoy it all over again.

He made himself focus on the landscape, the rolls of the hills and the trees that are everywhere trying to touch the night sky with the night with stars and moon gracing it, no use in crying over something so simple and small, tears still stinging his eyes. Caden heard the fumbling of footsteps that had to belong to Valerius who must have woken up and wanted to see what Caden was doing and why he left the bed. Caden heard Valerius come over to the balcony, with their connection Caden felt Valerius confused why he was here just looking out over the trees and parts of the city. Valerius made his way up to where Caden was and wrapped his arms around him and buried his head by where his shoulder became his neck.

Caden made a content noise and closed his eyes in pleasure, he would never get sick of this even thousands of years in the future. Sure, the spark of newness has vanished, but this is now even better. It is normal and that in itself amazing that he gets the privilege for it to be normal for him to have this. That is when all of Caden's worries stopped, they would figure it out and he felt like laughing at himself. Valerius and Caden have figured and navigated things so much worse than this. They will make new things when the time comes he will talk to his parents about it. What they want to do, what they can do and so on and so forth.

"Let's go to bed." Valerius says and Caden just walks over with him and gets in bed with him. Valerius mostly heard his thoughts since Caden stopped hiding them and everything would be okay.