02.

I hadn't seen him for three years. I thought I was never going to see him again. It was a chance meeting surely a fling that wasn't going to resurface. That changed quite drastically after those three years.  

I was back at the roller rink again for that nauseous feeling of nostalgia I got from narrowly avoiding my death there three years prior. "Zephyr?" I heard a familiar voice call from the corner of the room. My head whipped round to see Cosmo standing behind me, his arms open wide. I fell into a hug with him, us both twirling around in circles, enamoured by the fact we had been reunited. I suppose I was a little too happy to be seeing him again. "Cosmo sweetheart, it's so good to see you again. I honestly thought that the last time we saw each other would be the only time." I chuckled, twiddling a lock of his now shoulder-length hair in my fingers. 

"I have a perfect idea as to where we can go for our little date this time if you're up for it?" He whispered, hugging me close to his chest. I nodded, grabbing my bag and walking away with him into the woods where our date was to occur. "Welcome to my hiding spot. I've used this as a hideout for years, you know, with being a notoriously dangerous killer and all that..." He explained, showing me around the quiet little graveyard we found ourselves in. My mind was whirling with thoughts and I didn't like any of them. I knew what I was going to do to him and it hurt me but the urge to just go ahead and do it was so overwhelming.

"I need to go to the bathroom... I'll be back soon, I'll just walk into town to do it. I'll be a while though because I might get us a cheeky bottle of wine or something like that on the way back to celebrate." I lied, wandering out into the woods. I found a nice patch of mossy grass under a large oak tree that was easy to dig and break away, perfect conditions for a grave. The sick feeling in my stomach rose to my throat as I hacked away at the dirt, creating a deep, body-sized hole under the tree. I stood back from the makeshift grave I had made, the guilt washing over my every emotion, blending them all into one hateful, boiling mess. 

I rustled around in my bag to find the very knife that he had tried to kill me with so that I could do my own deed with it. I walked back to the graveyard, to find Cosmo strumming a guitar under the rustling leaves of the birch trees. "And this'll be the day that I die~" He sang, so ironically unaware of the fate he was going to meet in less than ten minutes.  "Hey, they didn't have any wine in town... Not any of the good stuff anyway." I lied again, trying to cover for myself. He smiled, resting his head on the gravestone closest to him. I sat behind him, preparing to do what I had tried to avoid for so long.

"Close your eyes and tell me that you love me." I whispered, wrapping the knife handle in a handkerchief. He obliged, replying with these words, "I love you Zephy... Just do it. It was inevitable one way or another and I can feel your hand shaking. Here, I'll help you." He turned around to face me, holding the same hand that was clutching the knife so desperately, plunging my hand and the knife right into his abdomen, making me scream, the guttural cries of resentment and his spluttering making me feel as though I should have taken my life too. 

"I love you, darling..." Were the final words uttered from Cosmo Sylvester's mouth before being dragged, alongside his own murder weapon, into a shallow grave to be smothered with cold, wet dirt that was doused with wildflowers Zephyr Addams had picked as a memento of the blossomed relationship that she had so cruelly sabotaged for her own morbid curiosity and desires. 

She was found dead in her flat three weeks after the murder, death by suicide as concluded by the mortician dealing with her body. They uncovered the body of Cosmo Sylvester under the premise that he would be given a dignified send-off as requested by Zephyr.  He was given a proper funeral that resulted in him being buried in the same graveyard in which he was killed as it was described as his safe space, a place where he could be at one with himself. Zephyr was buried alongside him after her funeral earlier this year. 

That brings us to the end of this chapter of this twisted romance between two killers but little did they know that their romance had seeded. Into something rescued by the morticians, miraculously saved by a willing woman. A child. Zephyr Addams was pregnant. The father, presumably the late Cosmo Sylvester. And so the story continues in the name of Nova. Nova Eriksdottir.