Chapter 5.

I went to my house like nothing happened, dad has started with dinner when I got back. At least one thing is going my way. Dad has been sober for weeks now, just really praying he wouldn't have a relapse.

"I'm home," I yelled from the living room.

"Kathy, how was work today?"

"Fine father, it was just fine." I lied. It was not fine. But not now, I would certainly tell him everything or I would go crazy. But let's just stick with fine for now.

I opened the door to my room and flung my shoes and dropped my bag on the floor there, right now I didn't want to go anything except yell. Or maybe cry a little. I was feeling the emotions but the reaction to them wasn't just coming forth. Should I scream? My throat wouldn't open up, it was like I was in some sort of coma.

My head hurt so bad. Maybe I was having a bad dream, because what just happened back there can't be real. My friend and my boyfriend, it could be a dream. I should wake up from it before I go crazy. My heart was beating crazy fast and my vision would zoom in and out again. Like I wanted to faint yet again. Fainting multiple times is a bad thing right?

"Kathy, wake up."

"Kathy," a light tap on my cheek and my eyes zeroed in on the person calling my name.

"Father?"

"Yes honey, I found you on the floor when I came up to call you for dinner. Everything okay?"

"Yes dad, I'm just very tired."

"You should then call in sick for work for a few days." He suggested. I shook my head, calling in sick is the ultimate you raised your loser flag Iokua would say right now. It's just unfair that I thought things were finally going my way and this fucking happened.

I was okay with everything a few weeks ago, a best friend, a boyfriend, a normal life, a not so sober but trying dad. I looked at him and smiled wistfully. You know when you thing you've evaded the worst and then the worst resurface? My life right now, I thought nothing could go wrong now. Dad was finally sober but not long after that, I saw someone murdered right in front of me.

I was still trying to get over that when my long lost victim resurfaced to torture me. Now my best friend and my boyfriend has been cheating on me. Just fucking great.

"I thought I've been through the worst, then what's this?"

"Kathy, you okay?"

"Yes dad, I want you to quit your job though." I said suddenly.

"Why?"

"Because working as a guard is not what you shouid he doing." I said, diverting both our attention.

"But I can't find a job at this age," he began, "I'm not as agile if you haven't noticed."

"But you can still tutor kids right? I have colleagues at work looking for tutors for their children, can you do that?" I asked, hoping he would agree. 

"Ah Kathy, okay. I'll do it." I was quite glad he agreed easily, I would rather not be at work and be reminded constantly that my dad was somewhere opening and closing gates for someone, anyone it could be. One thing was solved, leaving a trail of others unsolved. I just wanted to sleep and wake up and not have to worry about anything in my life.

"Let's have dinner now, we'll talk better then." He muttered, he passed me a look which I averted. He knew something was up but I still didn't want to accept the truth. It was silly, and now I was sure it wasn't a dream.

Picking up my phone, I decided to break up with my stupid boyfriend, soon to be ex. Should I break up over text? I can't face him right now but it needs to he done. Actually a lowlife like him deserves worse, and he's the one who's hurt me. Why should I be the one to suffer?

Following dad, I nervously squeezed his hands. Dinner was silent, I kept looking at my phone over and over. What should I do? I was at a constant loss. I picked at my dinner as I was too afraid my food would come rushing back up. I felt nauseous and just over all terrible.

"How did you you feel when mum left?" I've never asked, I never wanted to know. He just drowned himself in alcohol. Drinking like a fish wasn't expressing yourself. It was just damaging your kidneys.

"I felt like the world would end, and I thought I would never be able to move on. I was right, I didn't move on. I just drowned myself in drinks and self pity."

"Has she ever cheated on you before she left?"

"No dear, why are you asking?"

"I just thought that we never talk about her."

"It's your idea not to talk about her." He reminded, yes of course. I made it clear that I didn't want her name to be said around me. I was too angry with her, still too angry but I didn't hate her like before.

"I think we should move out of the city dad."

"What?"

"I know it's so impromptu but we would work things out." I persuaded.

"No Kathy, we won't move."

"Why dad?"

"Because I know something is seriously wrong and I understand if you don't wanna talk to me but I didn't raise a quitter, you know the worst years of your life was the childhood I stole from you." He said, his voice filled with guilt. "You didn't quit then, you won't quit now."

"It's just tiring, you know Elizabeth cheated on me." I finally said, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"So you want her to know she finally won?" He shook his head as he took my hand in his, "you see I don't know what happened with you two but you can't let her win. I'm not saying get revenge but the best revenge if you ask me is getting back up and claiming everything that belongs to you. You don't deserve bad things, bad things will still happen to anyone, whether or not we deserve it. But the good thing is facing everything head on. Take your rest, seek help but get back up and face it."

"But father...."

"You're a winner, you've been through the worst. I promise whatever happened is not as bad as you think it is." He assured. I smiled through my tears, this right here was the man I know. Not the drunk and that phase should please end where it did. 

"Thanks father, I'll retire to my room now."

"Okay love. Good night." I waved at him and went to my room.

Finally summoning some courage, I picked up my phone again and texted my ex boyfriend.

Hey, just wanted to say it's over between us. I pressed delete, that didn't sound okay. What should I say?

You piece of shit, you told me you didn't like Elizabeth and yet I caught you sleeping with her. You're a dip shit and I hope that you rot in hell. I pressed delete again, thay sounded way too desperate. Like I was hurt.

Should I just let him assume we're over? I mean any idiot would know we're over. I caught him in bed with my best friend and they just laughed in my face, of course he had a little bit of respect for me, he wouldn't do that. It ended right there when I saw them and any chance of forgiveness ended when they both laughed at me. I walked out of there with my tail between my legs.

The best thing to do is to get revenge. And that's what I'm gonna do. Get revenge and make them both pay.