✷✷✷【chapter two】 ✷✷✷

┌──═━┈━═──┐

wish upon a flower

└──═━┈━═──┘

"what?!"

everyone laughed at the short male that stood in the center of the crowd. 

"no way!"

"that's actually hilarious!"

"what a joke!"

a saddened look painted nora's face.  she worriedly looked at asta as he awkwardly remained in his crouched position.  she wanted to run out and help the boy, but she was told to stay hidden.  she didn't want to make him even more of a laughing stock.  the events that happened next astonished nora even more.

yuno's facial expression did not change as his grimoire shone a bright yellow.  a four-leaf clover highlighted itself onto the back of his book.  the pages flipped sporadically.  all eyes were now on the taller 15-year-old.  as nora stared at the phenomenon, her head began to hurt.  a sudden throbbing caused her to clutch her temple in pain.  her eyes screwed shut as she fell onto her knees.  the pain was immense.  her whimpers were silent, yet her actions caught the attention of the priest of asta and yuno's orphanage.  he had no clue who she was, but her reaction to yuno's grimoire was skeptical.  he planned to keep an eye on her.

curled into a ball,  nora saw flashes of fire and yellow light flooding into her brain.  she didn't know what she was seeing.  the intense scene ended with a four-leaf clover grimoire highlighted in a purifying yellow aura.  nora rose to her feet as the pain began to subside.  from the contestants beside her, she learned that yuno's grimoire was the same one that was owned by the previous wizard king.  it was said to hold good luck and great power.

"i'm going to become the wizard king", yuno declared once the book returned to his grasp.

asta, now completely on his knees, could only cast his eyes to the cobbled floor.  he was frustrated; however, he was more motivated than ever.  he rose to his feet and pridefully declared the raven-ette as his rival.  silence blanketed the room before everyone errupted in laughter.  this was the last straw for nora.  she knew asta told her to stay hidden, but she wasn't going to let him be laughed at like some joke.

"i believe in him", the maroon- haired female shouted over the howling.

another wave of silence filled the room.  everyone looked around at each other, trying to find the culprit to the outburst.  stepping out of the crowd and into the spotlight, nora locked her hooded eyes with asta.  the priest, the master of the tower, and the other participates watched as the cloaked child made her presence known.  she mentally apologized to asta as she removed her brown, tattered cloak.

"he will be the next wizard king", she declared, "and i will help him".

murmurs filled the room once more.  no one has ever seen this strange women in their area ever.  it was absurd for a stranger to waltz in and say something like that.  nora paid no mind to the eyes that were on her.  she kept her gaze onto asta.  a small smile graced her lips as her eyes also held determination.  asta had shown compassion towards her, so she wanted to return the favor by aiding in his goal.