chapter 30- teamed up

(before we begin, i'm well aware i'm posting this at a time that both the fandom and the antis are going absolutely wild. with that being said, if i see anything about dream insulting his physical appearance, or anything along those lines, the comment will be deleted and you will possibly be blocked from my account. this is a SAFE PLACE where hate isn't tolerated, no matter who it's about. if you don't find dream attractive i 100% respect your opinion, but making hurtful remarks under a wattpad story is very unnecessary. feel free to discuss positive and kind things in the comments, but if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything! :) ok i love you all enjoy the chapter <3)

all of us are handed microphones that are clipped onto our clothes, an earpiece, and a go-pro. we're instructed to film ourselves from time to time while hiding with the go-pro, so there is enough content to make a full length video from different points of view. as for the earpiece, we're informed that it'll be used to tell us when someone gets out.

jimmy counts down from ten, and when he hits zero all twenty of us dart in different directions. i turn over my left shoulder and head towards the math building.

i clearly have an advantage, considering i went to school at this place not too many years ago. it hasn't changed at all, so i'm thinking the places my friends and i used to hide out at while either running from the principal or skipping class are still undiscovered.

though i'm not athletic at all, i don't find myself running out of breath. maybe it's the adrenaline. or maybe it's the $100,000 cash prize.

i can hear a pair of footsteps running behind me, and i scrunch my eyebrows. there's no way it's jimmy, he's supposed to count down from one hundred before looking for us. it's hardly been twenty seconds.

i take a peek at who it is, and i'm pleasantly surprised at who it is.

"sapnap?" i call as he moves faster to run at my pace. "what are you doing?"

"you seem like you know the area well," he answers. "so i'm sticking with you."

"no way in hell. if someone sees you, then i get caught as well."

"well, to counter that, if someone sees you, then i get caught. it's a lose-lose, really."

i scrunch my nose at his argument that, frankly, makes no sense.

"why are you still here if it's a lose-lose?" i inquire.

"because this is more fun with a partner. do you want to be stuck in the same hiding spot with nothing but your thoughts to keep you company for six hours?" he asks.

i cringe. that does sound unpleasant...

"fine. but if i see or hear jimmy at all, you're the bait and i'm escaping."

"whatever. it's not like i won the $100k last time or anything."

i turn to him with wide eyes.

"what did you say?"

"oh, you didn't know?" sapnap gives a cocky smirk. "i've already won hide and seek once."

"shit. maybe i should use you as a partner, after all."

the two of us continue running until we make it to the math building. there's a faculty only restroom in that building, but people assume it's always locked because it's difficult to open.

unless you pull the door towards you, lift the handle upwards, then push down aggressively. follow that method and it'll open easily.

after following these steps the door opens, and i usher sapnap inside. the two of us go in, both going in separate stalls. we stand on the toilet seats so our feet aren't visible, though it isn't a very comfortable position. but i'm willing to suffer through discomfort for a hundred grand.