The parents

Dedicated to @dhelvan

We descend the stairs together, hand in hand. Although Jisoo is here with me and I feel more than safe I can't help but be nervous at what their going to think of me. I feel Jisoo tugging some hair behind me ear.

"Relax it's going to be fine." She says soothingly.

At the end of the stairs we take a left turn which takes us to the living room. Once the door opens, it reveals a bunch of people inside, most of them look like Jisoo.

"I thought it was only your parents." I whisper to her in a panicky voice.

"Nope most of my family is here." She says with a smile.

She untangles her hand from mine and runs to hug a girl looking to be about my age. "Hey cuz." The girl says to Jisoo.

"It's been a while." Jisoo replies.

Just as those two are talking more relatives pile up to greet Jisoo and I stand on the side looking lost and awkward.

"So your the one who's been keeping my daughter from me."

I turn around to find a tall woman with dark hair and an aged face staring at me with ominous onyx eyes. Out of all the relatives this woman looks like Jisoo the most. They both have the same stunning features.

"If your done staring I'd like an answer." The woman says.

"Oh, uhmm I...I'm so sorry. It's just that I was-"

"You don't really have an explanation do you?" She asks.

I look at the floor in embarrassment and reply "No."

Suddenly I hear a high pitched laugh and look up to see the woman laughing her ass off. I look at her in confusion until she stops laughing.

"Wow your so gullible, you really thought I'd be mad that you and daughter were having sex?" She asks putting her arm over my shoulder like someone would do with their best friend.

"Well I thought you were angry since knocked a couple of times." I say.

"No, hunny I wouldn't I'm a woman myself I understand that you have needs." She says making my eyes go wide.

"Mother I hope you weren't bothering Jennie here." Jisoo says once she returns to where I was.

"Not at all dear I was just asking her about you too that's all." The woman says with a smirk that's all too familiar.

"Come I want you to meet the rest of the family." Jisoo says in my ear. I take her hand and she leads me to the center of the room. She claps her hands a few times to get their attention.

"There's someone I'd like for all of you to meet, this is Jennie." She turns to face me and holds my hand. "She's my mate." She says at the small crowd of people.

I almost collapse at the shock that overcame me. "Your kidding right?" I ask laughing humorlessly.

I look at the people to find that they are just as shocked as me, except for Jisoo's mother and two other people, a woman and a man.

"But she's human." One of Jisoo's cousins says.

"I know but over the course of time I will eventually turn her and that's when I will marry her and we can finally have children."

What the hell! My entire future has been planned out for me and I don't even know about it. When did Jisoo make all these plans? And why didn't she tell me. I didn't even know that I was her mate until now. I thought it was impossible for a vampire to mate with a human.

I smiled at the people when Jisoo introduced them to me individually. I kept the smile on my face not wanting to embarrass her although deep down I was angry and I wanted answers.

Once the introductions were done I excused myself from the crowd and ran outside to the garden. I thought some fresh would calm my thoughts and give me time to process all the information.

"You look frustrated."

I jump and put my hand over my heart in surprise. I turn around to find Miss Lisa sitting on a bench cross legged with a glass of red substance. I immediately bow and greet her.

"Evening Miss Lisa."

"You don't have to bow anymore or call me by a title, we'll be equal soon anyway."

Her words surprise me and I ask. "What do you mean by that?"

"Oh nothing come sit down and tell me what's gotten you so worked up." She says patting the space on the bench. I sit and sigh in frustration.

"I don't even know where to start." I say.

"Is this about you being Jisoo's mate?"

"You knew about it!" I ask in disbelief.

"Of course, Jisoo is a great friend of mine we tell each other everything."

"Didn't you think it was important to tell me?" I ask in anger.

"We did, but she didn't want to scare you. So she played it safe." Lisa says putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

We both hear noises and look in that direction, it's Jisoo walking towards us now dressed in a red dress that hugs her curves perfectly. "I'll leave you two to it." Lisa says leaving the scene.

"So am I really your mate?" I ask her once she's sitting on the bench with me.

"Yes you are."

"Well then why didn't you tell me!" I ask bowling my fists in anger.

"Because of certain circumstances Jennie." She replies.

"Are you going to turn me?" I ask and she nods.

"What if I don't want to?"

"Well you don't really have much of a choice in that one."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••