Before the date

Sasaki and Miyano were planning a date because of the fact that they haven't been seeing each other that much since Sasaki graduated high school.

Miyano was preparing for the date by trying to tame his messy hair, washing his face, and picking out the best possible outfit to wear, he had put on only the pants when he stopped and looked over to his closet.

He hummed to himself for a bit and walked over to grab his phone (shirt in hand), he placed his shirt onto the bed, turned on his phone, opened his contacts, and clicked on Sasaki's so he could text him.

Recently Sasaki had bought Miyano a smartphone due to him breaking his previously owned flip phone.

Though, this isn't to say he was reckless with his belongings. See, Miyano was on the phone with his boyfriend,

when he suddenly tripped on a slightly opened drain on a sidewalk (in a very cinematic way) and, expectedly, dropped it.

Sasaki had felt a twinge of— no, a stab of guilt due to how "being on the phone with him had caused him [Miyano] to drop his phone".

He was beating himself up about it for a full 24 hours, especially on the account that Miyano had an abundance of scratches all over his body. Including his—

as Sasaki has said many many times— adorable face. Due to this guilt, as previously mentioned, he bought Miyano a smartphone.

This was Miyano's first time using one so he wasn't really positive of all the functions, occasionally having to search up how to do certain things.

I don't know if I'm going to be staying at Sasaki's place or not so I should probably call him to see if I should grab some clothes to sleep in.

Miyano thought to himself, his finger hovering over the "video call" button.

At some point his thumb accidentally pressed down on it, with his finger holding down on confirm and Sasaki's being his only contact right then, he had mistakenly called him before he wished to.

He was in his own little world, the sound that you hear before someone picks up when calling somebody had been buzzing for over 10 seconds before Miyano noticed and Sasaki had answered.

Since Miya didn't have a shirt on, Sasaki was stunned, "Yoshikazu?? Did you mean to call?" Sasaki asked Miyano.

HE'S SHIRTLESS..?!???! CALM THE HELL DOWN SHUUMEI, CALM DOWN!!! Sasaki's mind was just downright chaotic, struggling to refrain from showing his inner emotions on his face.

"No? It was by accident, why?" Sasaki just tapped his own chest to indicate Miyano to look down at his while averting his eyes, trying not to look. Miyano looked down and realized.

"SHIT-!" he threw his phone. He started breathing rapidly, his face red and hot. Shit x5 he cursed in his head and slumped down.

He crawled onto his bed and grabbed his shirt off of it to put it on.

He walked back over to his phone and sat down on his bed with it, hearing Sasaki asking if he was okay. "Sorry Shuumei, almost broke another phone.. I'm fine, sorry you had to see me like that.—

—My brain is just everywhere right now." Miyano sighed. "Don't be sorry, it's not like it was.. unpleasant." Sasaki softly smiled at him, strawberry red.

Wait.. that reminds me of this one bl manga I read where the seme said-

... SEME? AM I CALLING SHUUMEI A SEME? THAT MEANS I'M CALLING MYSELF AN UKE- NO WAY, I NEED TO STOP RELATING THINGS TO BL-

Miyano then stopped his thought and processed what Sasaki had just said...

"HUH?" he dropped his phone in shock and started blushing aggressively.

He fumbled around to pick up his phone "Sorry Shuumei-san that.. that just caught me off guard" Miyano muttered with whatever tone of voice and expression one can make to entail that they were embarrassed,

extremely embarrassed, and just loud enough for Sasaki to hear him at that.

"You're so cute Yoshikazu.." Sasaki went all teary eyed, in admiration for how endearing his lover was. "You—That always catches me off guard" Miyano snorted due to something he found quite hilarious:

no matter how many times Shuumei has said such things to me, his compliments always end up ambushing me somehow.

A lightbulb switched on above Miyano's head suddenly after a moment "Anyway.. I was wondering if I could stay over tonight.

I was going to bring pajamas but I wasn't sure if you'd be okay with it, that's why I wanted to call you."

Miyano quickly had changed the subject. "...." a long silence came from Sasaki.

He really is the cutest.. He thought to himself. "Shuumei? Are you alright? What's wrong?"

"Just fawning over my boyfriend's charming demeanor. Also, of course you can stay the night."

Sasaki flashed Miyano a smile. Miyano cleared his throat and replied to the first responded thing "I-is that so..."