Start over

Obi had been following the silver hair girl around now for some time. It could have taken an idiot to figure out that she used to know him. And he wanted to know more. Every time he looked at her, there was a tugging feeling in his heart, but he couldn't place any memories before him. Also, there was this man named Ray...

So many questions lingered in his head, but what was he supposed to do? Confront her and bombard her with questions? He had a feeling it didn't work that way.

Suddenly the girl disappeared from his view. He sighed. Where did she run off to this time?

A hand grabs Obi's wrist. Before he can react, he is pulled out of the tree. He twists his arm in a way that forces the hand to let go of his wrist. However, another hand just grabs his other wrist. He lands on his feet, but someone sweeps his legs. He falls on his back as his wrist is pinned to the ground above his head. Seconds later, his other wrist is pinned next to his waist.

Obi prepares for a fight. But when he looks up, he is able to pull back his instincts.

"Gotcha," the girl says happily.

"Really?" Obi replies. He moves his leg to nail her side. Why does this feel so familiar?

The girl falls on her side, and Obi would have been on top of her in a few seconds, but she rolled away, still holding onto his wrist, switching her grip. He falters when he sees her mischievous grin.

In a flash, the girl is on top of Obi again with his arm twisted behind his back.

"Really," the girl says.

"Okay! Okay! Fine you got me," Obi says as the girl releases his arm. "Geez, are all your greetings this way?" Obi asks as he rubs his arm.

"No, only for the stockers," she replies.

"Okay. You caught me," Obi admits.

"The Prince's orders?" the girl asks while standing up and looking away.

Obi could have just said yes, and she never would have known the true reason. But instead he didn't. "Half of it, yes." He immediately wanted to take it back.

The girl turns her blue eyes back to him. He freezes. The same eyes as Master. He thought back to that day that the Master was rambling on about something, but all he could focus on was his blue eyes. How did he not recognize the sentimental feeling before?

"Let's...start over," the girl said, closing her eyes. She seemed to be going through some conflict in her head before opening her eyes again, bringing with her an attempted genuine smile. She holds out her hand, making Obi realize he was still sitting on the ground. "My name is Gin."

Obi falters. Gin... Something flashes in Obi's eyes. He feels that he has heard that name before... He looks into Gin's eyes and sees such gentleness and kindness. He didn't think her eyes could ever be like that, and he found it such a beautiful sight. "Nice to meet you, Gin," he says with a smirk. He gets up on his own, ignoring her hand. His hand moves to his hip. "I'm Obi." But for some reason...you already know that.