prologue..

" Steve c'mon, we bth know you have a crush on Eddie, don't lie to me. I'm literally gay, too. There's nothing to worry about." Robin protested as she stacks tapes with Steve. " first of all, i do not like Eddie. Second of all, I'm not queer. Third, stop acting like you don't have a crush on someone as well." Steve smirked. Robins face turned a bright red. " I DO NOT LIKE HER, STEVE" He just laughed, then stopped to put his hand on robin's shoulder. " we both know that. Your face is a bright red, which tells me all i need to know. And she's definitely the one for you. Jut tell her how you feel, Robin. ITS BEEN 2 YEARS NOW!" Steve exclaimed. Robin sighed and was opening her mouth to say something, but got cut off as someone walked into the store. Nancy Wheeler. She smiled then came up to the counter. "Hey, nance" steve smiled back. "Hey steve, hey robin" Nancy turned her attention to Robin. " Can I talk to you outside?" She unexpectedly asked. Robin nodded, then went outside with Nancy. " So, what did you need to talk to me about?" Robin curiously asked. She honestly didn't expect Nancy Wheeler to talk to her, out of everyone. " So um. I felt like you'd understand so I just wanted to tell you about, well, Jonathan.." She calmly said. Robin was confused now, but didn't want to just say no. " Okay, are you two okay?" " T-to be honest, no. Ever since he's moved to California, he's been more distant. He won't talk to me anymore, and he stopped coming here, to Hawkins. And this morning, I found out he's been doing drugs lately. Now I don't know what to do and I need your help, sorry for wasting your time. You were the only person that came up in my mind to talk to this about." Nancy looked at Robin with teary eyes, trying so hard to keep her tears in. Robin felt bad for Nancy now. " Oh, Nance. Everything's going to be okay. I'm glad you came to me about this. But hey, I'll help you out with this, okay? You just have to stay strong for now." It went silent. That's when Nancy dove right into Robins arms. Robin rubbed her back with one hand and brushed through her hair with the other. " T-hank you, Robin. I really needed this." Nancy smiled. " No problem, Nance. I'm here, okay? I will always be here if you want to talk." It went silent again. Robin pulled Nancy away and lifted her chin with her hand, then wiped her tears off with her free hand. " Hey, how about we pick a movie to watch tomorrow night. Just to get things out of your mind before we get into anything else with Jonathan" Robin smiled at Nancy, and Nancy smiled back. " That sounds good." I'll pick you up from work tomorrow, then. Thanks again, Robin" Nancy looked at Robin one more time, then went to her car and drove off. Robin couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. She smiled to herself, then went inside the store. Steve raised an eyebrow at her. " What'd you two talk about?" " It's not your business, dingus" Robin nudged Steve. " whatever, let's finish stacking tapes so we can close up and go home. Tomorrow's Friday, after all. So we can probably go to the diner then." Steve said. " We'll see. I promised Nancy to watch a movi with her tomorrow night, maybe i can fit in dinner before then." Steve smiled in excitement. "Dingus" She smiled to herself.